If pac and big were still alive

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by cannonrock33, Dec 25, 2010.

1. If 2Pac and Biggie wouldn't have been killed, 2Pac would've become an actor full-time, and Biggie would've retired to eating at seafood buffets and smoking cigars with Bernie Mack. The course of history in rap would be no different, except maybe one of them would've owned a record label that ran nearly the same way as Aftermath (probably Christopher), and the other would've tried to make a failed comeback attempt (most likely Shakur). No one can keep a genre from changing. You don't want a genre to stay the same; it'd become stale, and stagnant.

2. If pac and biggie were still alive we'd still have two rappers better than most of the shit thats out today

why do people talk as if tupac and biggie are the best rappers ever? They were great for gangster rap, but its not even like they really "started" it, so to speak

3. I felt biggie was just warming up when he went down. I would like to have seen where he went from there. I would like to have seen what pac could have done with gang violence and cleaning up the ghetto's if he'd gotten more time.

as far as musicly...I think biggie would have kept eminem on the right track musicly...I can only hope em stays on it now. Both had such huge potential that wasn't even scratched...it makes me sad when i think about it.

4. who in your opinion, are?

I believe that best music ever, was never made. I think that if these guys lived longer we would've seen many more hits. Same goes for Jimi Hendrix, Randy Rhoads, etc.

5. No one really, there is no "best" when it comes to music, theres different, not better, its ALL opinionated, Tupac is known as one of the best rappers ever yet he doesn't really impress me all that much, yet Wish-Bone is one of my favorite rappers and most peoople agree he's the worst in BTnH

I also gotta disagree on the 2nd part, we'll never know, but its a 50/50% chance they're music goes up or down should they still be alive.

6. It is all opinionated but you can have your own opinion on who you like the most.

You're right in that we will never know, but I was thinking hypothetically, your favorite song could've been created but they went and got murdered.

7. How many rappers do you see that manage to live up to their early work? Nas has had some success, but eventually fell off. Wu tang aint doing anything relevant to the mainstream. Neither are Krs or Rakim. I think eventually every rapper falls off. Pac and Big would have been completely irrelevant musically by now. Their old shit will always get plays, but anything new would not sell much.

Hell Lil wayne has fallen off. He pretty much peaked by carter 3 and went to complete crap. But his early work had some talent.

8. To be honest man, success in music to me means your musics still being played after your done (dead or retired, or what ever) its "easy"(you know what i mean) to get your song on the radio right when you drop a hit, its hard to have that very same hit still playing years later, most new songs that get dropped now are on the radio for like a couple weeks/months and then you hear nothing of it again.

Also, Blunt assassin, I'd say between GZA, Del and Krayzie for flow, Mos def/Del for lyrics and for pure style/awesomeness Eazy E

its to hard to pick a favorite rapper, some have better flow while others have great lyrics

9. I can agree with this a little. I think he lost his old flow and his early years definetly were his best. But if/when he comes out with Carter 4, it will sell. His popularity is still better than ever.

10. I understand that. Nas and the wu are remembered as legends for a reason. But people always say how if pac and big were alive that they would have kept the rap game "real" which is stupid to me. 2 legends die and people assume that its the reason hip hop isnt the same. Big or pac wouldnt have prevented how rap evolved today.

11. Nah i mean dont get me wrong he will still sell. and i like lil wayne, but not so much his new shit. But i just think his days are numbered. I dont think he will be as popular in the near future. hell hes not as popular now imo.

12. Ahh, yeah i just misunderstood what you were saying,

it probably would be no different if they were still around, maybe a few more hits out of each and then they'd fade out

13. I think we see what the careers would've been in nas and jay. Big would be like jay first two tapes classic with some big pop singles then becoming more an more pop every year. Pac would be like nas near classic shit every year or 2 but no mainstream attention except for some controversial statements/songs

14. I think if they were still alive, biggy would have another classic but 2pac would of probably washed up like a lot of other rappers in the time period.