If only...

Discussion in 'General' started by sutats, Oct 2, 2012.

1. If we took someone who has been through it all. Meaning they have been poor, lived on the streets, got their lives together and became successful. Someone who has traveled the world and seen it all. Someone with morals who won't become power hungry or greedy. Someone who cares for the better good of the people. Someone who recognizes the corruption of corporations. And someone with some god damn common sense.

And made him president.

And instead of choosing friends/people he owes favors to as his board of advisers, he chose people who are best in their respective fields.

I think only then the government could actually be respectable. As long as we have "politicians" in office we are screwed.

Just my opinion of course. Just thought I'd share :D.

2. Indubitably.

3. You just described me ;)

4. #4 BluDreams, Oct 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2012
    It's bigger than the president of the United States, who doesn't really have any power anyway.

5. True. We'd have to replace the entire system. I think if everyone in Congress and Judicial system was just a regular Joe who knew what they were doing we would be better off. Politicians don't know/care what they do. Money is the only thing on their mind.

Also on a side note I feel at some point the monetary system will/should come to a collapse. Remember..the aspect of money is man made. Money doesn't grow on trees for a reason.

6. What fairy tale country are you describing lol! Politics is all about public image and knowing people. Corruption will always taint our society, its our human nature. Everyone in this world is not clean, we all have our guilt and corruption. Its just how were wired man.

If you can become the president and to yield that much power over the nation, scratch that WORLD. Wouldn't you be a little selfish? And if you said no, you are a liar plain and simple.

7. While that may be true, there are always people who take it too far. Using that power for selfish reasons with smaller things will happen.

Honestly..I think we need a Buddhist president. Just once. Just to see how things would be.

8. Yes.

People often complain that "government just isn't working anymore."

To which I reply: "It is working perfectly. It's doing what it's supposed to be doing -- confiscating wealth and usurping power from the people."

Those are the functions of any government, but of course the leaders can never say that and probably don't really think much about it. Thus you get the professional, lying, shady, shifty-eyed, well-dressed, well-spoken characters who can go on global television, lie to the world without batting an eye, and people think they are just wonderful.

Then an hour later the people are making jokes about which is lower: lawyers, snake bellies, or politicians. Everybody knows politicians are professional, chronic liars. Yet people still believe and trust them. This is the very definition of cognitive dissonance -- holding opposing viewpoints simultaneously, yet believing both to be true. And tens of millions of Americans have it. This should scare any thinking individual.

This is the world of politics/government. To expect anything beyond the superficial in discourse, or to expect it to "do the right thing," is to miss the point of its true functions, IMO.