If money didn't exist? what would you do.

Discussion in 'General' started by Cloud10_2003, Oct 5, 2012.

1. i just found out about this guy, alan watts and i was listening to his lectures and shit and i came across this

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FY50vvMjX_o&feature=related]Career Advice from Alan Watts - YouTube[/ame]

it's really cool like he basically asks what makes you happy and what do you love, because alot of people go for the money instead of the passion...so i want to ask you blades, what would you do if money didn't exist?

my thing is music, all forms all instruments i just love it with a passion..i don't want any negativity and any "you can't do it" people on this thread so don't come on here with that shit.

2. start printing my own money

[​IMG]

but for real Alan Watts is a pretty cool motherfucker. Even the Dude says so

3. Alan Watts is a smart man... Got respect for him.

I would probably get into music and art. I already have a passion for playing guitar and painting. So that's what i'd do. Still considering doing that anyways even though money does exist.

4. touch the sun!!

5. im still going for the money though

6. I would do me,I mean I already live like it don't exist,judge me if you want.But if it really didn't exist I wouldn't mind because I try not to spend it as it is.I would live in the woods and smoke hella bed and sustenance farm because I live in the mid west and am not a total dumb ass.

7. Try to live as best I could as socity colapsed around me a world without money is a scary thing to think about

8. i would run around with a gun and sword taking whatever the fuck i want/need.

9. If money didn't exist there would be no way to trade except for barter. Not really a possible scenario.

10. grow weed.

11. The same shit i do already, get high and so on.

12. technically money doesn't exist. all paper money is, is a promises that the government owes you money. of course any paper money you spend the government no longer owes you.

13. To the OP: If by "money" I'm assuming you mean paper dollars?

There would be some other means of exchange. It can be anything, the most obvious is precious metals. Anything that is recognized as having a store of value.

There was a time during history when salt was used. It worked ok but could be easily destroyed, unlike metals.

In a complete breakdown of social order, money (a medium of exchange aside from precious metals) could be ammunition, hand tools, canned food, water, fresh produce, live edible animals (like chickens), anything that has value given the circumstances and local supply or demand of a given item.

14. What? No it's not paper money is something we use as a barter system that's universal the govenment just controls it so most people can't cheat the system not everyone can be a millionaire sadly we need poor people the govenment might be keeping people poor but that's the way it's been for thousand's of years and sadly it's a nessasary evil

15. Trade system. If you had any valuable items and wanted exchange for another item then you'll trade don't know if that was a good idea though.

16. Definitely get into music, but I'd put some of my other skills to work. I would make things to trade for another thing I want. That's actually how I get product at a festival. Cash has no value there

17. A trade system is a lot less effective lets say you have a ton of corn to trade and you need meat well bill's the only guy who has meat and he doesn't want corn so you can't trade with him but let's say bill does need hey to feed his cows but the only people with hey don't need meat do you see where I'm going with this trade is difficult because not everyone wants what you have to offer but everyone accepts money because everyone has a use for it

18. This is exactly right, and shows the limitations of the barter system.

Joe Blow has pounds of fresh-caught fish but doesn't like fish. Bob has a lot of canned tomatoes that he would gladly exchange for the fish, but Joe already has a lot of canned tomatoes.

So Joe is stuck trying to figure out what to do with the highly-perishable fish. A medium of exchange (money) solves this problem.

19. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGHfaYY_1jk&feature=g-vrec]Alan Watts - What do you want? - YouTube[/ame] i was just listening to this while I saw this thread. lol.

20. [quote name='"ssblind"']I would do me,I mean I already live like it don't exist,judge me if you want.But if it really didn't exist I wouldn't mind because I try not to spend it as it is.I would live in the woods and smoke hella bed and sustenance farm because I live in the mid west and am not a total dumb ass.[/quote]

Midwest love!

And id probably just do what I do now. Try to enjoy life and medicate myself with natures gift.