I recently purchased some electricals of a person, one thing I didnt do was to check it before running it. This is bad because it can start fires or damage your setup. Maybe even electrocution in the worst case! I found this all out after trying to find out why my bulb was flickering and acting strange. wouldnt start up properly, not at the proper lumens. It really screwed my bulb. I have ordered another one luckily! PLEASE PLEASE, DONT HAVE ANYTHING PLUGGED IN WHEN YOU START FOOLING AROUND. Mind you I got a small shock when I unplugged my Ballast the other week. JUST BE CAREFUL. My 600W ballast had dodgy wiring. This is what it looked like: I had an extra ballast that had the plug smashed on it from the previous owners. So what I did was took the plug on leed from the farked ballast and put the connections back as so. I also connected te power to the Ballast by 15A rated connectors I had laying around. No electrical tape on this Hot Mumma. IT MELTS haha.. Hopefully someone sees this and stops a potential problem before it happens. And if you have the time, come and stop by my grow! Cheers.