if it gets to hot

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by crippledkiller, May 22, 2012.

1. If it gets to hot what should I do ? Should I move my plants to the shade how hot is to hot outdoors

2. I dont think it'll get hot enough to have to move them well idk your weather temps but aslong as they outside there should be some kind of air/wind so just let it do its thing.

3. just means you'll have to water more often....dont move to the shade....lol..move to the shade....you folks make me laugh....questions like this just shows how little effort you put in to learning....thats outdoor growing 101....

4. I'm in Texas and it was 92 degrees today and my plants are looking fine in direct sun. Just make sure you keep them watered. Plants grow just fine in even hotter climates

5. [quote name='"buddogmutt"']just means you'll have to water more often....dont move to the shade....lol..move to the shade....you folks make me laugh....questions like this just shows how little effort you put in to learning....thats outdoor growing 101....[/quote]

Man what a Dick sorry were not all master growers like you ... I was just asking a ? If you can't answer the question without been a Dick then don't answer at all ..thanks

6. google has endless amounts of info, as does the section for beginners.. but to grow u gotta put in some effort not just expect some magic answer on here to make everything all better..

7. yea man this is not a kind site when it comes to obvious ? do a little research and avoid the simple questions and you wont get responses like that.. because honestly there really are no dumb questions but this one is pretty dumb

8. el oh el :smoke:

9. #9 mjmama25, Jun 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2012
    This isn't a dumb question. It really depends on whether you're growing from clone or seed, how old the plant is, and how long it's been outdoors. If you're growing a young clone, it may be necessary to keep the plants in the shade for their first few days outdoors to harden them off. You can do the same thing for any indoor plant that is being moved out. Many people have shocked their plants by moving them out to full sun too fast.

If the plants have been outdoors all their lives, they should be fine in extreme heats as long as they are hydrated. Good luck with the grow. Sorry you didn't get more patient answers.

10. Such words of wisdom :D

Can also try misting the plants with some water to help cool them off a little bit, but for the most part canna plants are pretty resourceful in any environment. Keep your soil moist, and you are perfectly fine. Happy Growing!

11. 1st good answer of this thead!! CrippledKiller Listen to mjmama25

12. Look at this weird vibes coming off the poster and
    Thus said this be dumb question.
    Just take a loook.

But fuck it, anyways op
    Where you at?

And even better what are average temps the
    Plant gets during photoperiod?

If outdooors usually from like 10 - 4 or so.(here where I'm at)

Beside that sometimes I think and wonder
    If I was a plant I wouldnyt want to be in full sun or hours straight you know?

If I was I'd like to be there durin the strongest it feels and in and out . Just me.

Sorry of you don't get this message

People be saying the way I interpret and
    Utilize words be obscure and vague.

13. @ first ithougt this thread is going to be about something like what will i do if my grow gets compromised but when i read it iwas like WTF

14. Ive practically made a carrer out of asking stupid questions. It keeps one from being stupid.

I wish you could bury those containers crippledkiller. The heat of the sun creates lots of problems for container growers in my view. The bigger problem is that the soil temps mimic air temps at 4:00 pm which can be in the 90's around here. 90 degree soil can cause hermies in some strains, plus youre having to water every few days which leads to leaching of nutes and then you add ferts and then the salts build up and god now their rootbound = more hermies and ..........

I wish you could bury those containers and elimiinate all of the drama.

Hows that for a stupid answer to your stupid question crippledkiller. If you ask a bunch of stupid people a bunch of stupid questions your going to get a bunch of stupid answers and ........ oh well. Thats all i know about it.?

15. I've grown plants in containers. The weather was hot as fuck. Everything was fine. The plant loves hot weather.