If I vape a lot, Will smoke still get me high?

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by nopos, Jan 14, 2015.

1. So recently I have been vaping a lot more than smoking, due to the fact that it is very discreet. But I found myself wondering, is smoking still going to get me high? Anyone know or have experience with this?

2. Yes.. There is something about combustion that makes the highs different. Personally, smoking gets me more eff'ed.

3. I like smoke better than vapor, it is a different and, for me, more intense high. Caveat- I might not have got the hang of vaping, yet.  Smoking is pretty straight up and easy compared to vaping.

4. Yes it will still get you high, just a different "kind" of high if you will. Vaporizors, for the most part, will give you a cleaner, clearer high because it heats the cannabis to the point that the THC is mostly what you get, which is a much lower temperature than when you light a bowl on fire and combust it. Many desktop vaporizers have adjustable temps that make it easier to crank up and also get more of that CBD goodness since CBD has a higher melting point of sorts. Smoking a hard hitting indica can make you couch locked and give you a fuzzy brain partially from the higher CBD ratio and the fact that you get more of the CBD by smoking, for the most part.

It's all kind of preference.

yes.

6. New grower
    I smoke for medical reasons. I was going to make vape. Then I discovered that it takes more weed to make a smaller amount of vape. Rather make hash with left overs. Anything to get the best effect.
    Cracked

7. The difference between a vape high and a bowl high are very different to me.

Sent via iBurn ✌️

8. It takes more weed to make vape?

9. Yes if made right you get a little over 1/4th return.

You lost me man I think I lost braincells trying to understand your statements. :confused_2:

11. I mainly vape with the MFLB, and now straight up smoking knocks me out way harder. Plus vaping actually makes my supply last longer, since I use the vaped bud for edibles sometimes. Soooo in a nutshell... yes, smoking will still get you high, possibly even more so. 

12. I normally get a return of 1:1, being as I don't combust it.

13. Yes if you solely vape your tolerance for smoke will drop drastically.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. I wish I was having the same experience you guys are.  I've been vaping almost exclusively for six or eight years...I can't remember which.  With rare exception I vape nightly.  Now, vaporizing can get you up there with much less herb since smoking destroys a good amount of the actives we are after.  So I vape about half of what I would have smoked. However, on occasion I will break out the pipe just to smoke again and, while the high is good at first, it wears off in about 45 minutes as opposed to 90 or 120 minutes with vapor.  So, in my experience, if you vape consistently for a long time smoking will give you a shorter trip.

In my experience, it will also taste like shit.   :wacko:

16. YES!  Unless your vape is running at close or higher than combustion temperature then you won't be used to receiving the same amount of THC as you get when you smoke.  The high is different, I find a vape high is a light feeling and a bong high is like a heavy kick onto the couch lol!

This is totally wrong.   With vaporization, you are actually getting more THC being that it isn't being destroyed by heat before it enters your lungs.    The boiling point of THC is 314F/157C which is way below combustion temps.

Lol nothing I said was wrong... thanks though.

19. #19 lwien, Jan 16, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2015

Are you saying that what I posted above is inaccurate in regards to the boiling point of THC and that combustion destroys more THC than vaporization does?

20. #20 BIGGUNZ, Jan 16, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2015

Nowhere in my posts does it say what you said was inaccurate (except saying what I said was wrong) so the answer is obviously no... I said that nothing in my original post was wrong and I never mentioned THC being destroyed in my original post I said that unless the vaporizer is running at a high temperature (resembling combustion heat) then the amount of THC received when you switch from vaping to smoking would be different and the feeling is different.