If I take the small branches off will it make the top bud bigger?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by potshmot, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Will it make the buds bigger or put to much stress on the plant?

Week 2.5 flower
    IMG_0377.jpg IMG_0378.jpg IMG_0381.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Little late now but yes I always remove the nodes about a quarter the way up the plant.

Called “lollipopping”

4. Ideally you’d do it earlier but if you clip the bullshit off now you’ll increase airflow to your plants and also promote growth to the larger buds. Trace your branches from the bottoms and locate the ones you don’t think are worth keeping. Clip those off.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Will it give me a chance of getting naners from the stress?

6. Just clip a couple ever day or 2 it likly will not even bother the plant .

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. All stated above is true. But my opinion and what I see, you got pretty good spacing between branches so air flow shouldn't be an issue, and I would just even out the canopy and get the smaller branches level with the big ones. I had some pretty scrawny branches go on to produce buds just as thick as the mains.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Big isn't the goal. Light is the goal. It is beneficial and not harmful to remove any branch with a low light bud. Best even before the bud developes, but late is fine. Follow your good high light buds down and don't let anybody grow off of them. and the other way, start at the main stem and make sure every single branch off of it has a good high light bud. If not...gone. Your plant has so much more on it's mind right now it's not going to even notice and will probably thank you for it.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Tom much or just enough? IMG_0382.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  10. Nice photogragh. Takes a cruel heart to kill a perfectly good little bud.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Could had used that for a monster cropped clone

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

12. Think even canopy and light penetration when cutting . If the budsites aren’t getting light they will not develop much I turn all mine into oil with my trim .

• Like Like x 1