If I switch phone companies, do I HAVE to change my number? o_o

Discussion in 'General' started by Spankee, Apr 14, 2012.

1. I've always been with tmobile, but once my contract expires I want to switch to verizon so I can get my iphone. Honestly I only want the iphone because my ipod was stolen and I'd rather just have two in one then carry around a phone & ipod. With that said, I've had the same number for like 5 fucking years if I have to change it it just doesn't seem worth it. Also, would I lose all of my contacts? .____...

2. Please hold while I attempt to locate an available representative for you.

But seriously, call them, they know...I'm sure of it.:cool:

3. I hate calling companies lol especially if theres a machine, my last resort is usually to call especially when I can get a simpler answer elsewhere. :[ Plus, it's like 11 here and I just thought of this lol no ones open.

4. most likely

5. T-Mobile and AT&T had a wedding, the reception was horrible

6. You do not have to change numbers.

7. I don't think so. My brother and I changed companies and kept the same numbers. But it might also depend on what company you're going to

8. LOL meteor (one of Ireland's biggest networks) used the 'and you get to keep your old number' face as one of their selling points in their ads

I'm sure it's the same in the US

9. You should be able to. I have verizon right now, shits hella expensive, 100$ a month, I should just switch to sprint but well see, on the bright side verizon has the best coverage where i am