If I just wanted to grow one plant...

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by aceofangels, Aug 11, 2008.

1. I want to grow just one plant as mainly a hobby. My mom knows I smoke and she is fine with it. She knows it isn't bad and prefers it over alcohol. So I can just leave it on a table or something. However, what kind of lighting should I use?

I was thinking CFL, but I know nothing about lights for just one plant and theres not really any guides on that. So what do you guys think?

2. first off dont just leave it on a table or something. you shuld still be very discreet with your grow. if you arent hiding it from your mom, hide it from others. find a nice closet in ur house or something away from the open. cfls will work fine. use about 100 watts per plant. and make sure those are real watts, not equivilant watts. get fans..and some way to get air in and out of your area and your good to go. hope this helped somewhat

3. for one plant youd be better off with cfls.

recommended 2000 - 2500 lumens per square foot of your grow area.

Wiring up lamp fittings in a parralel circuit will stop volt drop and if one fails the rest will continue working.

Id suggest 6 CFLS of atleast 15Watts, 3 2700k 3 6400k, keep all 6 of these on the plant for the whole of its life and itll be a happy lil girl.