If I go to the doctors and...

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by je5ter, Oct 20, 2009.

1. I complain about a soar throat and keep coughing, will they give me codeine syrup???

2. Probably not. Unless hes a shitty doctor.

3. i doubt it. the only time i've been prescribed codeine was when i had pneumonia.

a friend of mine on the other hand gets prescribed lortabs for a "cough". I want his doctor.

4. No. Not that easy.

5. damn I'm gonna try that with my doctor!! :D

6. Ever hear about the boy who cried wolf?

Lying to a doctor to get meds which you can abuse is both wrong, and fiendish. You're going to cry wolf too many times, and the one time you need a doctor to actually be there for you he/she won't be.

Also, it's incredibly easy to tell when a person is faking a sore throat and a cough. A fake cough sounds nothing like a pneumonia or bronchitis cough, and the sore throat of a liar, or from somebody with a cold, looks nothing like the throat of somebody with an actual illness.

7. Oh ok nevermind then!

8. I went to a walk-in clinic because I had this cough for like a month. The doctor took blood and swabbed my nose at told me I had the flu and prescribed hyrdomet. It was A LOT better than the codeine cough syrup I was expecting. :hello:

9. OP: dan... is that you?

10. Actually I did this on Friday, although I am really sick. Doctor's aren't stupid, it's their profession. They see 50 people a day and I'm sure they have their ways of knowing who is telling the truth and who is lying.

11. Dude, normal cough syrup, DXM ONLY of course, is actually better stuff than I expected, the taste is what made me feel sick though, I'm happy I have a strong stomach

12. Sounds like we got ourselves a script hunter...:rolleyes:

13. I wouldn't thats pretty fiendish. I had a horrible ear ache around a month ago and my doc prescribed hyrocodone 5/500's with out even checking my ear... i was like ":eek: Really?" :p fun nights

14. im gonna cry... i was at my uncles last weekend and i was going through his medicine cabinet(he's a doctor) for some cough syrup to trip on... and i found hydromet syrup for my little cousin thats about 5, i remember he had it last year during winter, and hasnt used it since....

when i read hydromet i was thought it might possibly be a opium related drug due to its name... but i said fuck it, why would a little child be on that? lel, i missed out there.