If I find a seed in one of the buds on my plant does that mean the whole plant is hermi?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by MaritimeHigh, Aug 12, 2016.

1. I was looking over the girls before watering and I seen something strange on one of the buds. When I looked closers it was a seed. Does this mean my plant is a hermi ? Or is it normal to find theoccasional seed here and there ?

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. I found a seed in my closet grow, the only one also. I'm pretty sure it's normal

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Not necessarily. You might have another male/hermie in there that pollenated the plant so be sure to check all of the plants for pollen sacks.

4. I got lookin closers and it's a hermi so takin her out tomorrow and letting the rest finish up

5. Yeah get it out asap. You really don't want it to pollenate the other plants.

6. A single existing seed versus a full blown hermie, they are related but not the same. A male hermie flower will pollenate your girls. But a single seed means it already happened. And long ago, enough for the seed to mature. A pistil must catch a male's pollen to create a seed, and that can happen on a very small scale or a full blown oh-shit scale.
    If you let most plants go beyond their natural finishing time, most of them can be forced to hermie. This is not a fault of the strain. It's a good natural way to make feminized seeds on a small scale.
    Other strains (especially those not so stable from not so good sources) can be more prone to hermie than others. It's best to pitch these onto the compost pile. Or if it's one p0lant and all you got, finish it and smoke it. It will still be good.
    Or you can get a non-fem seed that turns out to be male, mixed into a fem batch by shitty handling & poor quality control. It's a good idea to not buy from that breeder again. Or at least give them holy hell & threaten to kick them in the nuts if they ever do it again.
    But generally, in the grand scheme of things, a few seeds may end up in a grow occasionally. If it's a good strain / you like the smoke, keep the seed and grow it. 99% of the time it will be a feminized seed & great smoke.

• Like Like x 1
  7. That's some great info! Unfortunately it was full blown hermi I cut her down today

8. I hope you did it properly. It's very important and these things are treated with the right attention.
    Turn your ballcap sideways.
    Jump out of the dark and yell,
    "BITCH!!! I'M GONNA CUT YOU"
    Then cut it.
    :ninja:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Hahaha