Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

If I do get a Card will any1 know?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Painkilla240, May 7, 2009.

1. If I get a card in Southern California I am concerned that places/people such as Close friends, uncles, aunts, jobs, and police will know that I have a card??? Like will they have some kind of record in my insurance or something or no one can find out unless i tell them?

2. I care because the ignorance people have about weed and the patents that use it. They view it as a very harmful addictive drug used by many uneducated people that are up to no good. Especially my aunts/uncles and to me I care about how people(esp. my family and friends) view me. Now every1s clear as to why I ask can you get serious and answer this question instead of stating your philosophies of how I should view myself and how I should feel about it. Thanks and sorry if it came out a little rude.

3. not with just the reccomendation but if you have the ocbc card or something like that when you're name gets ran like if a cop was doing it it would show or something along those lines

4. Sigh...this question has been asked and answered a dozen times already - you could have simply read the forum and found out.

The answer is no. If you get you recommendation from a doctor specializing in MMJ then the only person who has a record is the doctor. Medical records are protected by the Federal HIPAA law, so even if the doctor's records were seized for some reason, your records are protected. Health insurance does not cover MMJ at all, so therefore there is no reason to notify them.

IF you go ahead and get the OPTIONAL California State ID card, then you go into the state database, which is supposed to be secured from illegal access, and cannot harm you in any way.

Finally, please people, if you do not know something for a fact, don't post incorrect information, it's a disservice to those seeking correct information.

5. My family had the same feelings when i first got my card, after they have seen me get off of 3 controlled substance-perscriptions and started taking krav maga, they changed their minds really fast.

Marijuana is medicine - the more people that are open about it will spread the word and hopefully it will be something thats as normal as a prescription antidepressant. (as in nobody will care)

6. agreed

7. Please learn how to search! This very question gets answered on damn near a daily basis.

And the answer is:

No.