If I buy a small veg from a garden center, can I set it up in a Kratky bucket at home??

Discussion in 'Gardening' started by dy-no-mite3000, Jan 13, 2019.

1. Finally getting off my ass, I have a raised garden 4x8 ready to rock, I've become infatuated with kratky grows, I'm doing my first Hempy bucket grows now for the marijuanas, now I am not getting to far ahead of myself with lofty goals, but my spouse n I are big pepper and tomato folks, I'm only going to do 4 buckets, 2 tomato, 2 pepper.

So In my raised garden bed I don't need to sorry about spacing for tomatoes or peppers!
    So the kratky buckets will serve it's purpose.

I *wanted* to do heirloom, or find strange genetics of broccoli and whatnot, but I didn't realize how much 15-20 different variety of seeds would cost. And I don't need 600 broccoli seeds ...... But being about to sprinkle them along highways and stuff would ammuse me if some sprouted.
    So being reasonable, unless I find companion sets for home gardens, I'll be using burpee seeds, but I digress!!!!

My real reason for this post is about transplanting a plant, that the garden center starts in soil, they've got a huge variety every season, but could I buy them, and drop them in my kratky buckets?
    I know I'd deal with some shock and it might make sense to flush the roots with ph'd water indoors until the roots are basically sitting in hydrotron?

Or am I barking up the wrong tree and if I'm set on doing kratky tomato's and peppers, then I gotta sprout them from seed in rockwool..... Like mother nature intended?

I got some reading to do in this section now, first time here even though I've been a GC member for about 10 years now. :D