Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

If I buy a lot of weed and smoke it for a stretch of 6 months will it go bad?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by jvsdiojisio, Dec 20, 2013.

1. Like the weed I have left that I smoke in the 5th and 6th months, will that go bad?

2. #2 Smooth Criminal, Dec 20, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2013
    Like when you suddently run out?I ounce had a nearly ultimate supply for nearly 5-6 months as you,and smoked at least 10-15 joints a day.Let me tell you,when I ran out was like breaking apart with you dear girlfriend.It's mentaly hard to stop thinking about.You'll feel really bad,but hey why the fuck does it matter.Life goes on.

Also be carefull man,I suggest you dont even let your folk's know that you have this quantity if you get it.Boy you better hide it will.

Edit:Ohh your talking about how the quality will be

3. ... No comment on the majority of Smooth Criminal's reply, but his last remark is very true. If you get a decent amount of weed and live with anyone that doesn't want you to be smoking, hide that shit well because nothing sucks more than to have your bountiful stash ripped from your hiding spot and sent to marijuana heaven.

Anyways, to answer your question, it might get a little dry but it should definitely be fine. If I'm completely honest, even when I buy an ounce I don't even have it for more than a month so I don't personally know. Worst case scenario it dries out and either you smoke it as-is or re-hydrate it, I've heard sticking an orange peel in with your stash (Not touching it though) in a baggy or something for a little while will solve any dryness problems, but if you're not careful your bud can get moldy. 

Just don't worry about it, it should be relatively fine. Plus you'll most likely start smoking more and more often as you get into it (Almost everyone I know started out doing it only every-so-often and gradually moved up to at least a couple times a week, so I doubt you'll have that for 5 or 6 months. I started out smoking every now and then (Kind of, but I still wound up smoking fairly often because my friends always wanted to smoke me out) and now it's a very rare occurrence for me to go a day without it.

4. Keep it in mason jars and you will be fine for six months or more.

5. It won't go bad, I've found weed I've lost after a year+ and it's still fine, just a bit dry. Also to avoid that whole dry thing, put a small orange peel inside your container with the weed. It keeps it stickier and fresh and smelling good

6. OP keep your cannabis in mason jars and the quality of your bud should be perfectly fine six months from now.

7. #7 Storm Crow, Dec 20, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2013
    If stored in glass in a dark, room temperature situation, cannabis will keep for 2 years with only minimal loss of potency!

The stability of cannabis and its preparations on storage.      (abst – 1976)
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6643

"It is concluded that carefully prepared herbal or resin cannabis or extracts are reasonably stable for 1 to 2 years if stored in the dark at room temperature."

Granny

ps- If you had a copy of my "Granny Storm Crow's List" you could have gone to the "Storage" section and just looked it up yourself! To get your free copy of the List, check out the bottom of my sig and email me, or PM me your email!

8. ive smoked weed that has been in mason jars for years. you have nothing to worry about

9. #9 Shawing, Dec 21, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2013
    have a stainless steel container with a rubber seal and three clamp things that hold the lid on.  some bud in there is over a year old and still fries the brain as well or more than when it arrived.  just put the fresh bud in there and the moisture gets into all the bud.  no worries about keeping it moist.  just open it once in a while to let it breath.

like these: http://thecvault.com/