If Households Budgeted like the G.O.P.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Marsdude, Mar 24, 2012.

1. If you are referring to the Clinton presidency then no, I do not want to borrow funds from the SS trust fund, accounting gimmicks are deceptive.

End the empire overseas, use the money that would have otherwise been spent on overseas militarism to shore up our current generation of entitlement recipients, allow the younger generations to opt out of SS to plan for their own future.

2. You seriously think democrats/obama believe in small government?

Lmfao

If households budgeted like Obama:

"Honey, we're spending 10 times more money than we're making!! What should we do?!?!"

"Quick! Let's take out another loan!"

3. No I'm talking about some legitimate we are making more money than we are spending. Not some artificial figure obtained by manipulating the books. Has that ever even happened here in America or is everything we see false and obtained by gaining more debt?

4. Well since no one wants to admit their age I will guess I am talking to a lot of younger people that do not vote or get involved, just gripe.

So far by your posts you have shown me two things.

You want the same things that most people want, including me.

You have NO IDEA how the government works.

It's either that or you just like to mix it up on the boards.

Well keep it up what you are doing is work SO WELL so far.

5. You don't have to be versed in economics to know how to balance the budget. You don't spend more than you receive in revenue. That's it.

Politicians just don't ever try to balance the budget. Government is full of Keynesians, left Keynesians and right Keynesians. Keynes advocated government spending to help the economy. Is it any wonder that the government picked that doctrine to follow?

All talk of balanced budgets is pure political theater. Neither party ever intends to actually balance the budget or reduce deficits.

Clinton had the aid of the tech bubble to increase revenues, and he also restructured the national debt from long term to short term. Basically he refinanced a loan and put the country on an adjustable rate loan. That's a bad thing. That means once interest rates inevitably rise, the interest on the national debt will also rise, making it unpayable. We are in for a very bumpy road.

Calvin Coolidge bro. He reduced taxes dramatically and paid down the national debt. He was the last fiscally conservative President we ever had.

6. I'm 21 and sadly in America it is entirely possible to live a life and not know anything about how the government works. My knowledge is limited to the amount of effort that I put in to learn the material imy highschool government class, which was just enough to pass the class. This is why o don't really have an opinion on a way to better spend the money because I don't understand all the b.s. that it is already currently being spent on.

7. #67 AugustWest, Mar 25, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2012
    you never replied to my post about the opinion survey that you posted as facts.. the one from 1996.

what does that have to do with today's economy and Obama?

why did you post something from 1996 in this thread and then make fun of people for not providing facts?

how old are you?

i think you have a lot to learn about the way things work...

maybe you should take a different economics course from a professor that doesn't have such a closed mind.

8. More like:

"Honey, we're spending 10 times more money than we're making!! What should we do?!?!"

"Quick! Write a check for another 1 trillion dollars!"

9. or

"take it from someone else who has more than us"

because we should steal from people who save, work hard and live within their means..

10. I find it a little funny that everyone wants the Government to do this, but almost no one does this for their personal finances. However, I actually do not disagree with you on this.

I really can not disagree with any of this? Not sure why you think I would.

11. Sorry, I actually thought I had but I looked back and it's not there.

Anyway, you are correct, that survey was WAY out of date and in no way had any bearing on the discussion. I did not mean to link to an out of date survey, it was my error and you are right to call me on it.

12. What do you mean when you say almost noone is able to balance their personal budgets. If you say that knowing that lots of people have credit cards and other outstanding debts then I kinda see what you're saying but lots of people I know just live paycheck to paycheck which is spending what you make,no more no less-- a balanced budge.

13. #73 AugustWest, Mar 25, 2012
    but you posted that as proof and fact that Obama turned the economy around.

then in the same post you called people little boys and told them to sit in the corner for not providing fact.

i think that's pretty messed up, and makes you lose whatever small shred of credibility that you had.

it's obvious that you post links that you haven't even read, in hopes that people won't actually click on them and read them.
    I think that's a horrible way to make a case for your argument...

and then you go on mocking people because you assume that they are younger and thus not as intelligent than you...
    meanwhile there's a bunch of 20 something year olds here that obviously have a much better grasp at how the economy works than you do.

shame on you..

14. ^ That... that is beautiful haha :hello:

15. No, it means that we need to tax everyone equally, even the Republicans good buddies who are the 1%.

Taxes just need to fair across the board. Very simple.

16. Taxation is theft...or slavery...take your pick.

17. Who gives a shit if they're fucking 20 years old or 50 years old dude, Why should that even matter? There are people out there that are smart too

such a baseless arguement.

"MEH, IM NOT GOING TO RESPOND BECAUSE U GUYS ARE 2 YOUNG AND CANT NO ANYTHING ABOUT GUBMENT SO IM JUST NOT GUNA RESPOND TOO"

18. #78 Mirvs, Mar 25, 2012
    I'm 27. Marine Corps veteran, survived an abusive upbringing, put(ting) myself through college, make less than $20,000 a year, have asthma and knee and back problems. On top of that, I'm a small business owner. I taught myself to program 5 years ago and I work 30 hours a week on top of full time classwork doing contracting work - One company has begun franchising using my software. I'm exactly who the liberals say they are trying to help and I see them do more to hurt me every. single. day.

No one is here to impress you.

We know exactly how government does not work. That's the difference between us.

Thanks, we don't need your support but it's appreciated. I'm sorry for you, though. If/When you realize the world does not care/need you I think it's going to be a very brutal awakening.

19. #79 xmaspoo, Mar 25, 2012
    Raising taxes won't come anywhere close to fixing the budget deficit, shoring up entitlement programs, or help fix the economy.

The disease is spending, and the symptoms that follow are high taxation and inflation, which destroys the middle and lower classes, meanwhile the top .01% of the population who lobbied for the tax increase are offshore and exempt.

Cut overseas spending, let too big to fail go under, get rid of the income tax. I can plan for my future as a retiree much better then the SSA who are too stupid to realize they are running a ponzi scheme.

Don't get me wrong, the SS checks will always be sent out in the mail, problem is, by the time I'm of age to qualify (and the age will be raised, likely to 68-70), the monthly check will only cover about a weeks worth of cost of living, at best.

20. Taxation is theft. You cannot fairly "steal" it is oxymoronic