If Households Budgeted like the G.O.P.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Marsdude, Mar 24, 2012.

1. Your FACTS are not exactly, uh, true.

I have problems with the bank bail-out myself, however the bail-out and the stimulus package was put together during the Bush administration. Now, this does not give Obama or the Democrats a pass, they were for it too.

The deficit has been largely caused by the stimulus and bail-out packages that were put into place before Obama took office and by the lousy economy brought on by the Bush economic policies and global down turn.

You claim Obama ended the tax cuts - this is TOTALLY FALSE. The Republican spin doctors want you to think so but Obama has passed MORE tax cuts than Bush ever did, he just left out the rich so the Republicans are pissed!

Here is a link with proof of the cuts:

Obama vs. Bush: Who?s the Bigger Tax Cutter?

What war did Obama start?

2. Well, I sympathise with your feelings. I do admit both parties are filled with idiots who have no idea where to take the country.

I could care less if I offend someone and that is not my goal.

The problem is right now we have a broken system, but it is the system we have. I will continue to work to change it, however at this point in time the only way to change it is to work within it.

I will vote for the best candidate out there that I think can, well at this point at least pull us back from the brink. At this time NO Republican candidate even come close. Why?

Well, 25 years ago I was a registered Republican. I began to see that the Republican Party was being heavily influenced by the religious right. Today, frankly what the Rep. party stands for frightens me.

Why would anyone want to elect someone from a party that:

1. Wants to control what your wife, daughter, or girl friend does with their own bodies with reproduction? - REALLY?

2. Wants to LEGISLATE MORALITY! Are we not a free society with the separation of church and state? I guess not so much.

3. Suddenly reverses every proposal they have had in the past about health care (they proposed a plan just like Obamacare)?

4. That labels the call for everyone to pay the same amount of taxes as "class warfare?"

The Republicans have gone WAY off course. Yes, I have to hold my nose sometime to vote Dem but I just can't had the country to the crazies.

3. R's and D's are the same...

You are being a good little puppet by believing they are different.

4. Right fascism vs left fascism. Such a great variety of choices!

5. Did I really read "Obama helped turn our economy around without going into another great depression"???

baudhwwadawidhbawbwdwadiawdawdawdadbadwdwa w dwawadaw a d wa :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Keynes
    Keynes
    Keynes
    Keynes
    Keynes
    Keynes
    Keynes
    Keynes
    Keynes
    Keynes
    Keynes

6. Well, "Lay Low" I would differ. Yes, both political parties are much the same in that they are both a part of a system that is broken. Sure.

So, what are YOU going to do about it. My guess is that you will "lay low" and gripe about how both parties are the same and do nothing.

I would say that YOU are the puppet. Hell, just let the pols have their way with you. F that! I am going to do what I can to try to implement change. That is why I am out protesting, and voting.

My hope is that someday we will be able to change the system. For now though I will work to change it and vote for the candidate that I believe will implement some change.

I just honestly don't see the Republicans as being those people as much as I do the Dems. I am sorry you have given up. Or perhaps you have not yet started.

7. #47 tflga, Mar 25, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2012

[​IMG]

Instead of trying to attack him by his name...ah..fuck it...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem

8. I voted for Ron Paul. THAT is change. You are simply perpetuating the system which you dislike. It's a tragic, ironic comedy. You are a cog in the machine. Nothing more.

9. what do you say about this

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vcd5IO_LMBs]Don't believe the hype -- the U.S economy is not recovering, it's getting sicker. - YouTube[/ame]

10. I really like a lot of Ron Paul's Libertarian ideas. Although you state you HAVE voted for him (do you live in his State?), I would consider him if he had ANY chance of winning. Also, if you look at his record there are some questions about what exactly he believes.

I agree with you some of his ideas are great!

11. #51 Burrito Bandito, Mar 25, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2012
    I didn't say ended, I said EXTENDED lmao, read much? But like lay low said, it's not taxes that are the big problem, it's DEFICIT SPENDING, which Obama has been the worst president in the history of the united states by billions upon billions of dollars. (see the chart he posted)

But of course, that's just bush's fault right? HAHAHAHA ha!

The undeclared war in libya, heard of it?

Archived Blog: President Obama Goes to War - Without Congress

And like I said, still continuing the 10+ year war in the middle east to get revenge on Osama! Oh wait I mean take out the taliban! Oh wait I mean, set up schools and democracy! Oh wait I... Um..... :confused: (oil)

Lol, looks like they were true after all eh? whoda thunk

12. He was not lucky. He didn't just call the housing crash. He called it in every last detail. Ron Paul called it also, and many other Austrians. Why? Because Austrian economics is correct. Ron Paul and Peter Schiff are Austrians, that's what enables them to see things in the economy that the Keynesians (most economists) never see.

Ron Paul called the housing bubble in 2002. Ben Bernanke and others were clueless even just a few months before the bubble burst.

Now all the Austrians are saying Obama is inflating a treasury bond bubble, and guess what? It will also burst, as all bubbles must. Obama has been key in utterly destroying the US economy.

And that's who you are voting for. The only change that will occur is making this bad depression into the worst of our entire history.

13. What is your age? Are you in College or HS? I don't mean this as a put down, I am just trying to understand how you understand how our government works.

14. What are you talking about? Ask a relevant question and I'll answer. Rebut what I said. I don't respond to irrelevant cop outs.

15. Libya
    Yemen
    Uganda

and he let the other two continue.

You're one of the most disillusioned statists I've seen in a while.

16. I see, you are calling those wars, and although they really do not fit that definition, I understand now what you are saying.

The way I look at this is that Obama is doing the same thing EVERY US president has done but without putting troops in a country. I understand your opposition to theses wars and I can not say you are wrong. Is this doing this right? Probably not in a lot of cases but maybe some.

How would you have suggested he ended the wars that he inherited? Just pull out and make it worse. No, he is ending the wars faster than the Republicans said it could be done.

I am a Statist because Anarchy just won't work. Yes, I believe in small government (which the Republicans DO NOT BTW). You call me disillusioned - interesting. Let me ask you something, are you in College or recently out?

17. Yeah, there are no american troops in those countries :rolleyes:. I understand that you probably don't think America can be hostile towards a country unless they send guys with rifles and tanks. Not to be insulting, but are you in HS or JH? I just want to understand if I'm dealing with a GI Joe fan or Bourne Identity fan.

No, you walk out, you leave, it's over. That's who you end it.

You support Obama. You do not believe in small government.

18. I'm not educated in economics but if there ever was a time in u.s. history when we didn't have a budget deficit for the year but instead a budget surplus then why not copycat everything we did that year to get a surplus and begin to pull ourselves out of debt? Run-on sentence.

19. I want to know if Marsdude is in pre-school or kindergarten.