If Households Budgeted like the G.O.P.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Marsdude, Mar 24, 2012.

1. This is a lie.

The Obama presidency has been exactly like the Bush presidency.

2. Nice little cartoons. Not sure what you think those prove?

3. The government has no money. The only money it has it what it takes from you and me.

The government cannot make a dollar worth more than a dollar. When it takes money from us it exacts a cost on that dollar. That cost comes from paying people to collect the money, make and enforce taxation law, punishing people who don't follow the laws and deciding where to spend the money and then actually spending the money.

Effectively, all government spending hurts the economy. The economy works by people freely exchanging their goods/services. When government says "We can do this better." And steal money through taxation they are hindering this exchange.

If anything, Obama's spending has been even worse than Bush since he hasn't cut any spending, including his stimulus bullshit that did nothing more than lower the value of everyone's savings, funneling wealth from the poor to the wealthy. This is the simplest example of supply and demand and I saw something about you being an econ minor/major?

4. Obama is an extension of Bush era policies. They both endorse the same monetary and foreign policy, and thus will both lead our country down the same path to financial ruin.

Obama has one upped Bush by codifying into law the NDAA, allowing him to use the military to indefinitely detain any American citizen he or any future President deems fit, no trial, judge, nor jury. He has also claimed the power to assassinate any American citizen, and has done so 3 times to "prove" his claim to this power. Military spending has also managed to go up to it's highest level at any time in our nation's history, all under the current President.

So whilst both Presidents have increased the domestic police state, they also have the same economic policies, hence the reappointment of Bush era Fed Chairmen Ben Bernanke.

5. No facts to back up your statements -post disregarded. :rolleyes:

6. #27 Burrito Bandito, Mar 24, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2012
    Are you honestly that bad at thinking for yourself? :confused:

What he's saying is common sense. Or at least, it should be common sense.

Government's only source of income is from taxing/stealing/forcibly taking money from the citizens. Except for of course printing money (stealing money from citizens through the devaluing of the currency) or borrowing money from foreign countries like China (stealing money from citizens by maxing out our credit cards and then leaving us with a pile of debt we have to pay interest on FOREVER)

Does this really sound like good long-term economic policy to you?

7. I don't know that cartoon is quite sensible it would be cheaper to buy condoms rather than to pay for expensive abortions every year. :confused: To have abortion in your monthly or yearly budget is pretty crazy if you ask me.

8. Very sad, but interesting to see people who fully buy into the false right/left paradigm.

Interesting from a psychological perspective, sad though since it perpetuates the same flawed statist policies election after election.

9. Sigh, why do I even try... No, obviously it is not a good policy, but it is one that was taken to the limit by the Republicans during the Bush administration and we are now left to deal with it.

Here are two links, if you don't read them then don't comment.

http://www.taxpolicycenter.org/upload/Background/I-11thru1-14TheBushTaxCuts.final.pdf

The Bush economic legacy: The U.S.'s decade of descent - BloggingStocks

Here is why I get so irritated about this. EVERY independent economic research group has shown that Obama's policies are slowly working. They also show they would have worked faster if the Republicans would have worked with him.

Any facts to answer me back with or just more continued speculation?

10. To put it into a picture:

[​IMG]

11. Because those are facts. . .

12. You're a liar. It's just that simple

13. #34 AugustWest, Mar 24, 2012
    your survey is from 1996..

how is that relevant?

do you have any actual facts that are a little more current than 16 years ago?

how does Obama have anything to do with the economy of 1996?

do you read the things you post before you post them?

the democrat household budget..

"we can't pay the bills"
    "i'll go rob my rich neighbor to pay them"

14. #35 Burrito Bandito, Mar 24, 2012
    I wasn't describing bush's policies, I was describing OBAMA'S. The only difference between obama's policies and bush's regarding taxes is that Obama is just spending MORE.

Who voted to raise the debt ceiling by trillions of dollars? The Obama administration.

Who voted to bail out the big banks and corporations with taxpayer money? The Obama administration

Who continues the old wars and starts new ones that he promised he would end? The Obama administration

Who extended the Bush Tax cuts for the rich? The Obama administration. (The only reason this is a bad thing is because we should be giving tax breaks to EVERYBODY)

What exactly about my posts is speculation? These are all FACTS. Or do I have to look them up on google for them to be facts?

15. It's also bad because spending wasn't cut. A tax rate cut that is coupled with increased spending is bad. It's not a real cut because spending is ultimately the real level of taxation.

I'm as anti tax as anyone (I'd like no income tax at all, and I'd abolish the IRS), but taxation is economically better to fund spending than borrowing or inflating. Spending is the real problem, and Obama has set new precedents when it comes to deficit spending.

I guess I'll need to include a chart or I'll be accused of making that up.

[​IMG]

16. would you consider an opinion survey about the economy from 1996 facts?

just curious..

17. Liberals need pictures to understand things. Otherwise it just goes over their heads.

18. Economics minor eh? That coupled with your illogical allegiance to one half of the two headed beast is bordering on heartbreaking. Obama increased spending. End of story.

19. OP let me save you a lot of time and frustration I see your posting articles attacking Bush and the GOP and expecting it to offend us, or maybe you think your scoring points whatever it is its a waste of time. The Democratic Party and the Republican Party are both Moronic Evil Traitors. Bush and Obama should share the same cell in the Hague. You have to look past the parties and look at the individuals.