If half a plant gets good lighting and the other half gets poor lighting does the whole plant thrive

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Mauwie420Wauwie, Apr 22, 2019.

1. Wait I thought you already have two 550's? Or did you not? If not then definitly get all three red spec and the biggest driver they can handle (I beleive that is the HLG-480 which can output 480watts or maybe a tad more if you get the A version of the driver and max the dimming potentiometer).
    9x5=45 square foot. If you want 30Watts per sqf you need 1350Watts total so a third fixture might actually help here.

2. Interesting, It's nice to see that more research being done on cannabis, I guess it was expected with it going legal in so many places.
    BTW do you have a link to this research?

3. Lolol ok no I can see were both confused haha I was talking about recommendations for the supplement lighting you mentioned, asking what you think I needed (talking about qb3 and qb 18). I do indeed have 2 hlg 550 for all 3 tents just looking to add 1 more to each and/or more supplement light for a better spectrum.

4. It's not published yet. I heard it on this podcast. Ep. 43.
    ‎Cannabis Cultivation and Science Podcast: Episode 46: Plant Breeding Using the Power of Genetic Testing with Reggie Gaudino on Apple Podcasts

Have you ever wondered what's the best way to prune and train your plants? And what's really going on in the curing process with cannabis? These questions get address with some actual science in my latest podcast with Dr. Allison Justice of Outco and SC Labs.

Cannabis Cultivation and Science Podcast Episode 43

Dr. Allison Justice teamed up with another Dr. to do the research. They covered lollipopping defoliation, Curing, and the most efficient light levels with led. She talks about led rooms needing 4-5 degrees higher temp. It's all about surface leaf temps not room temps and surface leaf temps are much lower with led so the room temp needs to go up to get the same leaf temp as HPS to get the same respiration/metabolism.

Dr. Allison Justice Archives | Cannabis Industry Journal

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. You know I was starting to wonder because the plants at the other building are growing a lot slower but it's a lot cooler over their prolly almost 20 degree (farenheit) difference and the ones upstairs that are always nice and toasty are almost the same size but a few weeks younger.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Great post man I've been looking for some of this . I ll check it out tonight.
    Until then can you tell me what our target leaf temps should be ?

7. I varies from strain to strain but around 80 degrees. I don't have a leaf temp thermometer so I can't check mine. Just know that typically you want to run about an 82 degree peak temp. Most HPS growers recommend 78 degrees. The difference between the leaf temps with each lighting system is 4-5 degrees at higher bloom light levels. If you're used to a certain temp with HPS I would bump it 4 degrees and see how your plants respond.

8. Wow this is so weird I’m in almost the same exact position. I purchased 2 v2s about 3 weeks ago than they dropped the rspec, I was able to convince hlg to swap one of my 550s for a rspec and i already received a tracking number and everything. I think the 2 boards should be good for our 5x9 if I feel like it needs more I’ll throw my 2000watt bestva in the middle.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
  9. Need to make small rspec boards so I can add some supplemental red lighting on the sides.