If god is real, he is evil.

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by Clairvoyant, Jun 5, 2008.

1. Alright, heres a thought.

Christians believe that god made us, and hes the highest power in the land. THey tell us that we need to serve and obey him, or we got to hell. Why?

Why would someone so good and so powerfull make us serve and worship him, or suffer eternal damnation ( Think about it, being tortured and made to suffer forever. FOREVER, thats a helluva long time ). Why not just let us enjoy what he has created or better yet, just not create us at all?

2. "he"? how you know God is a he?

3. because son, mutha fuckas be up in heaven tryin to cap people loc and smoking ganja all over the place....

4. Where I live, god is generally thought to be male. Sorry if its different over where u live.

5. I could go on forever here. IMO, and it's only an opinion, "god" was created by authority figures to provide a sense of meaning in life, set boundarys, rules, order, etc. "He" was created as a guide to how you should live a life and what reality is about. Thinking for yourself is something many people just do not jknow how to do

6. I'm pretty sure the Christian cop-out is that if you reject God, God will reject you, although other religions attest that God, being a supreme being of infinite wisdom and perfectness, not to mention salvation, wouldn't create a Hell, or reject anyone.

EDIT: Like the above said, authority figure for political purposes.

7. This is one of the main reasons it seems so obvious to me that religion is/has been used as a way to control people. Think about it. If a person or group of people threatens to punish you for acting wrong, then you can do bad shit as long they don't find out, but if GOD threatens to punish you for something, then shit- he's omnipresent and omnipotent! You'd better do what he wants! :eek:

This is one of my many reasons for totally dropping religion. (used to be a christian).

8. ugh...this again? i love how everyone questions christian beliefs the most and not hindu or something else. come on they worship an elephant headed, 6 armed girl with a tail (shut up).

9. People questions all kinds of beliefs. Christianity, though, is one where you cannot practice more than one faith or you are doomed. Unlike Buddhism or Hinduism.

10. No, we're just up tight.

(Seriously)

11. "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?
    Then he is not omnipotent.
    Is he able, but not willing?
    Then he is malevolent.
    Is he both able and willing?
    Then whence cometh evil?
    Is he neither able nor willing?
    Then why call him God?" - Epicurus

12. I realize christians get a bad name due to the extreme fundamentalists, and that you're generalizing christians beliefs, which is fine. Not all christians believe that if you don't accept god, you're doomed to an eternity of roasting in metal sarcophogi a la dante's inferno. just like in every other religion, there are varying viewpoints on hermeneutics and exegesis.

13. If there is a god, that god has a wicked sense of humor that I'll have to applaud.

14. Gotta love this budding GC philosopher who has everything figured out about religion :rolleyes:

15. We're all a little bit inconsistent sometimes, haha. ;)

16. Oh fantastic. Just go personal on the OPs ass, and that will prove you right..

Uhm, no.

Did you have any actual arguments?

Here it is again, the OP query, and it is a very good question:

So besides Clairvoyant being a budding GC philosopher who have everything figured out about religion, what do you have to say to his argument? It made sense to me, but that is hardly a surprise is it? :D Why did it not make sense to you?

17. People say god is love, but if love is nothing than ones thoughts and asperations then wouldnt that mean that god is nothing but ones figment of imagination?
    idk.

18. Saying that god is 'evil' enlightens me on your narrow minded philosophy.
    I believe that if "god" exists he set things to run the way they do.
    Everything must run it's cycle, we're just a small blip in time if you look at the earths timeline.
    This "god" guy doesn't make people do what they do, people are their own person.
    Ever heard the saying "god works in mysterious ways" if that were true he could work in ways that would seem evil to us but have benefitial outcomes.
    Live for the moment and dont waste precious life trying to debunk god.
    An illusion of a purpose fabricated by man, the bible was written by man therefore then information is second hand.

19. Doing evil to achieve a good end is still not a good act.