If God Exists, Why Is There So Much Pain And Suffering In The World?

Discussion in 'General' started by HighAsPhuck, Jun 5, 2013.

1. #41 SiriusWolff, Jun 5, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2013

Dude i'm sorry but old testament god put plagues on people, destroyed entire civilizations and cultures and so on. He helped the jews slaughter tons of people. He made his chosen people wander in the desert until one whole generation died because a guy hit a rock with a stick. He took everything away and ruined one mans life by killing his family just to prove a point to the devil. God is an asshole.

And for being such a hippie, Jesus was never very nice to fig trees. :p

3. There was SO much you left out in that. He didn't just do that to prove a point man....

4. #44 SiriusWolff, Jun 5, 2013
    Yes he did. The point was to prove he would still love god even if he took everything because the devil bet him too. I was raised christian, went to a quaker school 1-8th, memorized entire chapters. I know the stories. He also said you should stone gays, adulterers, etc. On top of that you have nothing to say about the slaughter of god knows how many people just to help the jews take their promised land or because they believed in a religion different from god's

5. Yes, I was a christian for the first half of my life and knowing many christians I'm one of the few that has actually read the WHOLE bible. 

You sound a bit upset tho.  I'm sorry god created your suffering bc of the "dumb shit Eve did with the fruit". If god isn't real, does that make my weed any less enjoyable?

Not sure what your problem is, but you sound confused

Anyway the christian god is full of malice and revenge.  Seems like an understanding fellow

6. #46 Iluvatar, Jun 5, 2013
  7. God allows terrible things to happen(natural disaster, plague, famine, disease, pestilence, murderers) for population control. 

it's really a simple answer. I absolutely believe there is a higher power but I dont think it always interferes with regular life here on earth. There's so many theories to how life works and we'll most likely never know. There could be a reason for everything that happens. A reason so uber bizarre that we cant even understand it. 

If a higher power placed us here he gave us the ability to choose our own actions, have our own feelings about certain things, and be unique in our own way. Were on a planet full of diverse people who express themselves differently. Pain, anger, and suffering is all a part of being a mix of such a large community. Its inevitable for crazy shit to happen.

I think negativity and anger is all man made. Its not even real. Thats why I truly believe that there is an afterlife in our infinite universe filled with nothing but positive energy since everything is all happening simultaneously. There's so many mysteries out there that we will never know. We dont even know why the universe doesn't just fall apart. All we know is once we leave our galaxy we know nothing.

So technically your question has a very basic and easy answer...but it doesnt...if that makes sense. Holy fuck im baked.  :smoke:  :smoke:

9. I do believe in a higher power, maybe not in a traditional sense more like the oneness of the universe that is filled with love and peace for all. I guess you could label it god but as we're all a part of it that would mean that we are part god which is false as there are no real "gods".

10. Because we are God's forgotten children, his mistake. He created us and gave us free will thinking that we would do the right thing, but soon realized that we were warped, morbid, dark, demented, evil, creatures. He has since turned his back on us to let us fend for ourselves while went on to bigger and better things... or at least to start over.

Well he clearly didn't make us very well then, did he? :p 

12. I think there are only a few answers. None of which can be confirmed to satisfy the question to everyones liking. I think we can all collectively agree that the main issues are the basic human flaws.  Personally, I believe it's all things we ask for. In the grand scheme of life we are all individuals here to precieve the awesomeness of our existence. The greatest hardships are asked by those with a strong soul capable of handling such feats. Yes, in a sense someone takes a life knowing they will be abused or harmed. In the afterlife is pain or agony really something to fear or more like something to experience and learn? These experiences on a cosmic level futher close the gap between people allowing empathy to be established in our continued journey. How can we as humans learn to correct our actions when we have already had a track record of failure?

Speak for yourself woman, I'm fricken perfect.

Body of a god and modest to boot.

14. ....."full" of malice and revenge? Dear me, what has happened to people these days. Okay, keep thinking that. 

Uh and no, why would weed be any less enjoyable if he was real or not? 

15. #55 didier12, Jun 5, 2013
    Because god is neutral, just as much good as he is bad.  Also good things don't exist unless there is something bad to compare it against like how yes would not exist if the answer no didn't exist, or how light would not be light without dark to contrast, that's just the way things are.
    Also god is all things, so any cruel and vicious act is only ever done to himself.