if everyone you knew died tomorrow..

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by dantheman52, Dec 25, 2013.

1. in what way would your life change?  really think about the implications.  don't focus so much on the fact that these people died, however way it might've been.  think more about how you would have no personal ties to the human world around you.  virtually no obligations in regards to familiar or social expectations.  how would this change your life?

2. God man... what a terrible scenario to envision. I would just have to make friends with new people and not sulk in my grievances at home.

3. i was getting at more of an introspective/philosophical interpretation. if you were "free" of whatever social ties you had, how would you go on (day to day, month to month, long term)?

4. I would be the most depressed mother fucker around, that would be terrible, I definitely would feel like killing muaelf

5. I would be terribly depressed and have trouble probably even talking to people. 
    My choices are:
    A. kill myself
    B. smoke shit load of weed and hope to forget what happened 

so me being me, i have to ask.  are you not comfortable being alone for extended periods of time?  i'm not saying i wouldn't be fucking crushed if this happened, but i'm not sure if it would affect me in a way that would make me want to die.  

7. You're saying free or social ties and obligations like everyone you know dying would be a good thing or a relief. For me it wouldn't. It would be a hard thing, a bad thing. My social ties are good ties so I would go on day to day month to month creating new relationships.

8. actually I don't mind being alone it's just that I love my family and I don't think life would be worth living if they died

9. I wouldn't feel like killing myself since I don't let anyone get that close to me in the first place

i didnt mean to say i thought freedom from social ties would be a good thing.  i'm honestly just trying to hear what other people would say.

11. do you guys have christmas in politics probably not

i'm the same way, but at the same time, all i want is to find that one person.  i am very reluctant to let someone new into my life.

13. i would be rich. before you say money cant by happiness, have ever seen someone sad on a jetski?

14. I'd probably die from some alcohol related incident.

15. I got lots of enemies.I'll probebly feel more confortable.Will be depressed about the family I had.I'll probebly start over,into a newer life and not do the mistakes i've done.Sent from my GT-S5282 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. To some fighting for family is all they have, if their reason for being is gone...the rest is pretty self explanatory. Then there are those who keep pushing forward for the memory of those they have lost. People adapt, those that dont die.

If it was me, i would make it my life's mission to ensure that the lost of my family would never happen again. If it means bringing hell down on my enemies, I would destroy anything in my way. If it means uniting the world, I would do it.  i would seek peace, be it with a sword, my fists, or a shield.

17. I'd start walking

Sent from my Prism II using Grasscity Forum mobile app

18. I would live with it. Be pretty upset but they're not much you can do about it. It depends on how they died. Murdered, car accident.. Sent from my W100 using Tapatalk

19. A lot of ppl would probably be homeless and starvingSent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum mobile app

20. I'd make a lot of money then do crazy shit (death deifying shit) because I'd have nothing to lose and when people find my body no one will care ,so basically I'd live OVER the edge.