If everyone in American used illegal drugs instead of alcohol or tobacco...

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by JohnnyPot, Aug 9, 2006.

1. ... there would be approximatly 6.5 times fewer deaths.

Source: MJDB

2. HA! Plus rep for this playboy. Im going to make massive copies, and mail them to everyone in this town. Well, not everyone but you know.

3. Thanks! I don't know how this thought came to me, I was waking up this morning and it just popped into my head. I must have been thinking about how few drug OD deaths there actually are, compared to the astronomically high half a million deaths from tobacco alone.

Of course, the anti-drug people will have you believe that illegal drugs are dangerous. In reality they're even less dangerous than alcohol alone. Interestingly, even if you change the 5,000 illegal drug OD to include the *legal* drug OD's, you'd have about 17,000 drug OD's per year, which considering how many people use legal drugs, is incredibly low, and the statement I made earlier about it being safer than tobacco and alcohol would still hold.

I think for another article I'm going to research the death rate (in percent) of various activities, then compare them to drugs, which have about [ (275,000,000 * .06) / 5000 = ] 0.03% death rate. (Holy shit that's low!). Unfortunatly, I'm pretty sure I ran across a similarly themed chart a while back so it wouldn't really be original. But damn, only having 0.03% chance of death from drug OD is incredble compared to what the anti-druggies would have you believe.