If dealers were nicer. Not skimp. Cheaper and less sketchy. Would you want it legal?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by AuZy_BudZ, Feb 20, 2010.

1. still?

Just wanna get some ideas and thoughts on this. The only issue form these dealers becoming this way is only when it goes legal of course... but what if there was rule or book dealers could go by to honer in order to keep weed the way it is?

Personally I am for legal however. I do worrie like most people that quality will go down. I mean really. Do you think Walmart would have the ooy gooey that we all want after commercialization?

Or keep it the way it is. Decriminalize all of America and let things be.

Will Dealers, Supplies etc ever follow a book? Do they HAVE to be only from reference? There seems to be a lot of Pro-code for them but where is the code and rules for us that genreally seem to be cons? Whats wrong with hitting up some dudes dealer you smoked with the other night. IT IS A business. I hate when people get their anuses in a twist if you contact "THEIR" dealer they showed you. This is one of the several reasons why people want it legal. As well as how easy it will be to get like a pack of cigs and now you get to use credit card and even have a choice and don't have to wait for anyone in a sketchy dark alley with the chance of being skimped a few points or not getting the bud you were led to get. AKA Getting green green mids as Indoor KB or Kb As 20G shit. (which happens all over this town)

Dealers and maybe supplies as well as the general pot smoker is WHAT is killing this recreational activities for everyone to enjoy above a certain age. It just happens that oo0o drugs are bad. And Jobs won't hire you... Therefore you are broke and resent to petty crimes, as well as violence, Scumbag shit or even worse possible murder. And just so you can get your next dank or get someone back that you hate.

Well I don't want this anymore. It makes everything looked at so bad...

This includes the over abusers of MJ. You kno the people that have it completely control their life and do absolute nothing all day and constantly sit there do nothing have no job and just don't move. It is people LIKE that. That make weed looked like as such a bad thing onto our common society. I mean how bad can it be under just normal moderation? I personally smoke about a gram a day and only at certain times. Mostly at night or after work. Or yes even when I am bored and want to slap on the 360. BUT SEE. I only do that for a few hours. and I still have a job. Still go out and Go to the gym on a regular basis. I also have very healthy cardio for reasons unknown to me. (but I am thankful for it. lol)

Well I am done ranting. I am gonna finish the rest of this pack and hope to get some good positive thoughts and feedback on this. Maybe we can keep weed alive and well if we just have certain guidlines to follow. Forgive me for my grammar I am rather blasted. lol

2. It's the same thing as Alcohol prohibtion in the 30's. The bootleggers were the "dealers" of back then and what happened once it was legal? It put the bootleggers out of business and big businesses got into the market. The same thing will happen if marijuana comes legal. People will have to get licenses tosell it legally.

3. Of course I would want it legal...why the fuck wouldn't I? Who wants to be hassled and arrested for smoking a herb that I have decided I want to put in my body.

4. True. However look at the quality of alcohol? It is better and will be better then any type created at home. (like it or not it is true and also sanitary and fresh)

This will be the same with weed. Sure there will be lower quailty buds but there will be brands just like we have brands for other things like food that will promise better quality. But of course people worry that prices will be an issue with this. Companies will just claim to keep coming out with better and better bud and the little guys won't get business so they jack their prices up to try to make a profit as the big guys do and everything is madly expensive. People are estimating it will be like $100 for an ounce of good stuff. Well. That could happen but look at good quality bread. You used to be able to get good bread for $1.99. Good stuff. Now most breads. like Arnolds and pep farms are up to $4.75! And this at just a discount supermarket. Even Walmart!

This could very well happen to weed. Which a lot of people are afraid of. There for Dealers will still exist but their supplies will be expensive for them and they won't do it because they either can't get a license or can't afford the equipement as all the seed companies refuse to cater to the little guys. Or the government will just make it illegal to grow cannabis without a license. License will be expensive. Workers will be expensive. Equipment will because the government will want control on standardizing the companies for their standards to what they believe should be the law. (like Sanitary in food restaurants for example is now government controlled Unlike 100 some odd years ago were it wasn't...

5. #5 Ulysses, Feb 20, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2010
    Cannabis isn't going to become the next hot item that you can find in any corner store, for two reasons - first, the laws that are going to be passed once it's legalized will restrict cannabis sale to places much akin to the dispensaries in California, or perhaps the cafes of Amsterdam (I really do doubt the latter from happening in the US, though).

Second, once cannabis is legalized, the amount of professionalism that's done only by those who own cutting edge grow rooms - i.e. the clubs of Cali and the 'Dam - will become mainstream. Growers in the US will be able to supply local demand perfectly, as it's an open market, obliterating the need for schwag; hell, even mids probably won't exist after a couple years. You no longer have to hide, which allows you to concentrate on how to grow the best bud, not the best escape route.

Decriminalization is the worst of both worlds - you're allowed to use it, distribute it, sell it as income, but now grow the stuff? So no matter what, the suppliers have to use illegal means to get their product, which means...artificially inflated black market prices! Which leads to gangs trying to control the traffic in cannabis, which leads to gang warfare...you get the picture.

It's a horrible idea. Legalization is the only solution.

No, the buzzkill here is that cheap moralistic hacks in Washington and soulless corporate interests want cannabis illegal, so they spread lies and fear amongst the general public about, arguably, the most beneficial plant in human history.

As for jobs not hiring due to pot use, it's the law that says this, not the business.

You also make it seem like we're all out to get our next fix like a heroin addict. Sorry, but I'm not going to kill for bud. Hell, I feel bad when smoking my friend's stuff! Cannabis isn't addictive, it doesn't make you go crazy, you won't become a broke burnt-out loser. This is all just reefer madness. You should know better, man.

Someone wise said this once: "Pot doesn't make you lazy. If you're a lazy guy and you decide to smoke pot, then you're a lazy pot smoker. It's not the pot's fault!"

Yes, there are those people who are absorbed by cannabis usage, and are almost pathetic in a way, but a) this doesn't represent the vast majority of the cannabis community and b) like all things, cannabis can be abused; yet this doesn't mean that by usage it leads to abuse. One might become habitually addicted to eating McDonalds, yet we don't go shutting down McDonalds do we? People jump off bridges to commit suicide. Do we then shut down bridges and mass transit because of the minute percentage who do use them for ill ends? No, that's fucking moronic.

Ok...good for you. Your moralistic attitude to this entire situation is quite annoying, honestly. Do you honestly think that you're the only productive member of society that smokes pot? Let's have an ego check here, buddy.

I suggest that you release yourself from your preconceived notions about the cannabis community and come to understand that we're all not thieves and murderers for the next killer narcotic.

So, with all that said:

[​IMG]

/thread

6. they only act like that because they are paranoid that ur a cop or somhing

7. Of course. I don't want to be falsely accused of being a criminal.

8. what a stupid fucking question

yes i would still want it legal.

9. Of course I would want it legalized. For one, dealers being nicer doesn't mean they have better weed, and the weed here in Kansas City suuuuuuuuuuuucks!!! Mids at best and with my tolerance it's like not even smoking at all. However I have bad anxiety, depression, insomnia and acid reflux and not having weed is not optional so I have to take what I can get at whatever price they charge (last week I payed 60 for 1/8 of old dry mids).

Secondly the law that makes marijuana illegal is unconstitutional. Until it is repealed titanic injustice will still be served up piping hot all over the country (and the world).

For someone to want marijuana to stay illegal just because they have a good setup goin on is pretty selfish because of all the people that really need it and can't get it.

Also regulating a persons private life is just plain immoral. It's the stuff that comic book super villain legends are made of.