If caught growing <10 plants punishment?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by wing, Jul 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have heard that if you are caught growing ANY amount of pot in Virginia, it is a mandatory minimum of 5 years in prison and felony is added to your record. That sounds way too harsh to be true. A man caught growing will have to leave his wife and children for 5 years, losing his career, then get out of prison with a felony on his resume, never to get a respectible job again?....all for growing alittle bit of weed for personal use?

What is the typical punishment for growing for personal use?

2. I'm sure it is going to vary from state to state. Then there are federal laws to consider. I assume you are certain about Virginia's laws in this matter? If so, I'm not surprised that there would be states with mandatory minimum sentences even for small, family sized cultivation. This is a shame, and more reason to work to change these repressive laws.

3. Agreed.. The laws regarding Marijuana usage and cultivation have no roots in logic whatsoever. This is clearly demonstrated in the history of the Prohibition of Marijuana. A puritan-like society in Utah couldn't handle cannabis, and other states to follow did so out of racism towards Mexicanos and Black people.......... I am really hoping Obama gets elected for one more term. I think if he does, he may have a real chance at pushing national legalization.

4. Obama is not for legalization he continues the drug war! how about you vote for this guy:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSsW4abdPg0]YouTube - Gary Johnson The New Ron Paul! pt.1[/ame]

5. THE DUDE ABIDES!!!!

This guy is pretty cool, I would vote for him if he didn't pussy out in the campaign like Obama

Too bad Sean Hannity is such a fuckin tool.

6. OP - please consult a "free consultation" lawyer in your area as likely none of us are qualified enough to give you sound legal advice on growing marijuana in your municipality.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.