Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

If cannabis has anti-cancer properties, why did Bob Marley die?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by cool hwhip, Oct 4, 2010.

1. This is how it went down!

2. srry for the double post but some of the things posted in the above website are just blatantly lies.

In recent years, it has appeared in blunts. These are cigars that have been emptied of tobacco and re-filled with marijuana, often in combination with another
    drug, such as crack.

hahahahha. ya....right.

Marijuana users experience the same health problems as tobacco smokers, such as bronchitis, emphysema and bronchial asthma.

false, cannabis is a bronchial dilator(aids asthma) and does not cause emphysema nor bronchitis. show me a case in which they received either one of those illnesses from using strictly marijuana.CANNABIS and ASTHMA. reference that for asthma.

Extended use increases risk to the lungs and reproductive system, as well as suppression of the immune system

it is an aphrodisiac and makes my dick huge. Also, i don't get sick when the seasons shift and i always have pre-cannabis consumption.

3. Key words, man.

Not everyone smokes weed and holds the smoke for "as long as possoble", Just a few seconds is enough.

Not all people who use cannabis, use tobacco.

Cannabis SMOKE contains some of the same things in tobacco smoke, or ANY smoke, its just some basic properties of smoke. The anti cancer properties, however, are not their best when smoked.

As for everything else in that quoted quote, lets see some studies or resources!

Its mostly bullshit.

4. Are you serious?

5. anti cancer properties does not equal cancer vaccine.

6. Although it eventually ended up in his lungs, Bob Marley had melanoma. The study you're talking about is regarding lung cancer only. Marley chose an unconventional treatment and paid the price, unfortunately.

It's a damn shame, too. I think he might have been one of those rare ones that can change the world.

7. he in essence died for his religion to be honest, rastas dont believe in surgery (or is it just removal or parts of the body?) and thats why he allowed the cancer to spread.

8. Why doesn't my bullet proof vest stop rpgs?

9. this.

thread/

10. not a smart question.
    its not like weed is the cure.

11. according to Wiki, he had a soccer wound that got infected..

BTW I dont believe Bob Marley died from cancer. Fucking Feds.

12. anything can give you cancer one thing I know of that is in the process of being changed (if it hasn't already) is the paper used to wrap burgers etc... etc... at fast food places. anything can stimulate the cancer cells in your body. cancer is just mutated cells genetics has a lot to do with it and also what you are around of specific toxic levels, even the air you breath CAN cause cancer just has to be the right combo of inside and outside influence of your body.

13. it dosent stop canser it helps realve the pain and suffring from it. bob dident even know he had canser till he had a stroke lol thats better then dieing slowly i think

14. just because it can help doesnt mean it does. Itll have a lot to do with the individual, im sure its possible to derive the anti cancerous cannibinoids in weed and make a pure solution that you just ingest as a alternative treatment rather than radiation being pumped into you for chemo

15. Oh right, yeah.
    Cannabis makes you immune to all forms of cancer.
    :rolleyes:

16. God OP you are so retarded its not funny.
    Drugs aren't vaccines against the diseases they cure (Implying weed by itself is consistently effective against cancer - which its not). If you take Penicillin everyday, it wont stop you from getting bacterial infections altogether, only reduce their duration.

If drugs worked like that you could just take aids and herpes drugs before fucking a questionable chick and not have to worry.

17. This is brilliant. I'm surprised it didn't get any likes.

18. #60 iJetLife, Sep 28, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2012
    Comeone guys, y'all should know this. Yes, Cannabis 'can' be a cure for cancer and can also help relieve side effects of the disease and chemo. But it's not that everyone that smokes is instantly cured. Every form of cancer has to be threated in a different way and dosis. Just smoking is not enough! An potent oil form has so much more potential to cure.

There is just too little research on the topic because it brings alot of problems with it. People have litterally cured there family members, clients etc with Hasjoil. But once they told or spread the word, they got caught, put in jail or had to tell that they didn't cure anyone. Also a late independent study have shown that even heavily marijuana 'smokers', have an induced risk of getting lung diseases and lung cancer, and have less chance of getting cancer than non-smokers.

They just don't want you to know!

People think too easily. It's not like: Weed cures Cancer, I smoke weed, Cancer is cured.