If all police were like this...

Discussion in 'General' started by HighOnTheTotem, May 6, 2012.

1. If all police officers treated people like this, they might actually get a little bit of respect.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgExfLXA_gw&feature=related]This cop must be a pothead - YouTube[/ame]

2. Haha dude was sweatin it so hard, and turns out the cop was chill.

3. a little misdemeanor but in florida it could cost you up to $1000 and up to a year in prison. i would've put it in the center console and declined any attempt to search but i know my rights. at the very least i wouldn't have tried to eat the plastic....

4. He still has to go court.. Woulda been cool if he hadnt called dispatch and just let him go instead

5. You no longer have the right to refuse searches, you might want to update knowledge of your rights.

http://forum.grasscity.com/politics/818125-4th-amendment-taken-away-us-us.html

6. I saw this episode I thought the same thing

7. Theres actually a lot of chill cops and i had been fortunate enough to get pulled over by one. Let me go with just a warning.

8. except you do... just dont be stupid enough to smoke in your car. herp derp problem solved. the smell has always been enough for probable cause. which imo is complete bullshit because any cop can claim they smelled something even when they didnt because there is no way to physically document scent.

9. That officer was a good man, and that guy was so scared!

But when it all comes down to it, you should be able to freely smoke without the worry of this even occurring, because it shouldn't have consequences that are the result of it's illegal condition.

10. "and that police who've stopped your vehicle may run a drug-sniffing dog around your car even without any probable cause to believe the driver is involved with drugs in any way (Illinois v. Caballes)."

11. If more cops and higher authorities were understanding and empathetic like this one then the world will be an much better place.

12. thats a loop hole since they technically arent searching your car since the dog isnt inside your car. its bullshit but its always been that way... also its highly unlikely they would call in a canine unit without any probable cause. the laws haven't changed so you trying to argue that our rights have changed is pointless... as long as you keep your shit on the down low you'll be fine. if you want to smoke in your car be my guest but dont claim your rights were infringed upon when you get searched. or that you didnt have any rights to begin with.

13. you have to say 'no, get a warrant'...in the kentucky case that is linked, that is what the guy did not do while 'scurrying' and get rid of evidence...on the way you must loudly and with force say, 'get a warrant.'

several years ago i was in a situation in a car...a group of cops wanted to search it, i asked nicely for a warrant...one asked why, i asked again...another tried to pry into me to talk about why, then one of the other cops standing in the back of the group stopped them... said he could not stand there like he did not hear me say get a warrant twice and that they HAD to get one...they just left...so some cops are true to the law.

14. #14 BlazeLE, May 6, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2012
    dont say get a warrant because that can be taken as hostility. now im not saying it will always be taken as such but most cops are just looking for a reason to be dicks. politely say "sorry officer, i do not consent to searches." the way you said it could piss off a lot of cops because they will take it as you being a smart ass.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gXnOqSZhug]Cop Gets Angry When Driver Tells Him He Needs A Warrant To Search His Car - YouTube[/ame]

15. #15 fieryflora, May 6, 2012
    that cop is hilarious(though it would be scary to be the guy in the pulled automobile)...i almost think that was a video made for fun...i would like to know if he was reprimanded for that...

as for the other, perhaps, but just say something...that is where the kentucky case guy fucked up as he was trying to be"quiet"...you must speak up and be heard, the courts have ruled clearly on that one. of course it could come down to your word against the cops as to what you did or did not say.

16. To add to this police are not suppose to be making priorities out of things that aren't harming people.However drug charges are easy ways to meet quotas. Get smart if you don't want to be put in situations like that again. In case of any misinterpretation of that I mean do not give them a reason to even suspect you're breaking laws.

17. which is why i love dash cams. now with most everyone having smart phones people should start recording whenever they are pulled over (just dont make it obvious, its completely legal to film police but they will try and stop you). plus if you did say that you said you didnt consent the officer has to prove why he searched.

18. Lol I find it a little funny that they let him just drive away... clearly he was the one smoking and was pretty blazed, close call!

19. #19 BlazeLE, May 6, 2012
    pretty much, and only break one law at a time. the only time i do the speed limit is when im carrying weed/paraphernalia. saved me from a lot of hassle yesterday too because i got pegged with laser while taking 2 bongs to my friends house. they were safely locked away in the trunk in air tight containers but non the less i would be pretty fucking nervous in that situation. and the road i was pegged on i usually do 25 over. its really not smart for me to do that since it is the only road i ever got pulled over on and another time i got saved by the mazdaspeed 3 i was chasing :D they picked him up in the same spot they got me before, they set up speed traps at the base of the bridge like fucking assholes all the time. ive since started slowing down near the top of the bridge till the coast is clear.

20. that's fake, man.