if all drugs were legal

Discussion in 'General' started by liljeff420, Sep 21, 2008.

1. #1 liljeff420, Sep 21, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2008
    i did a poll on here awhile back asking if all drugs should be legal. it was about 50/50 42-yes 43-no. i personally think all of them should be illegal because most of the time there are victimless crimes . but if drugs like crack were legal what laws would we have to make to prevent crackheads from doing crazy crackhead things and harming other people than themselves? like would we have to make them confine themselves to there home while they are high or stuff like that?

2. #2 Bleezie_King, Sep 21, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2008
    i'd get fucked up if all drugs where legal

and yes, you make a very good point

but i think it's a sign of power for the federal government to control what goes into our bodies and to tell us how we should live our lives

and they don't want to loose that subliminal power

3. It would be a crazy day if/when marijuana is legal... So other drugs, you know the US would be fucked up.

4. c'mon guys, anyone?

5. #5 full melt, Sep 21, 2008

How could anyone possibly inforce a law that says people on drugs cant cause trouble or harm themselves.

Would the government install buttons on everyones homes that send transmissions to local police stations when you want to do drugs. Then they will send over some hired muscle with ak47s maybe erect some electric fence and a couple guard towers to make sure you dont leave your house.

The government would just hire people to walk around on the street and watch people on drugs to make sure they are ok? and arresting people who are causing trouble.

oh wait thats what happens now. At least the flawed society we live in today gives us a false sense of privacy.

IS THAT WHAT YOUR IMPLYING!

6. I don't think keeping them in they house will do shit they just going to leave. Think about it crack being legal? There would/could be no regulation shall that occur.

7. The illegality of drugs does nothing to truly stem the flow of drugs into any given area. It just ensures that those who go after drugs end up risking their safety and privacy.

8. no i'm implying that crack makes people do crazy things like steal and kill people and shit

9. #9 Bank404, Sep 21, 2008
    And you think we can regulate that?
    Fiends gonna do what they want

10. Im not actually angree or anything i just put that last part in for dramatic effect

11. no it doesn't. crack-addiction causes those things.

the only drug that's been psychologically linked to violence is alcohol

12. Alot of fiends dont even have homes so regulation is right out the window.

13. Very true

you made a good point.

14. i guess youre right, you win man

15. get the fuck outta people's lives.

Why would you want to give the government MORE power ??

crazy crackhead things? what are you talking about dude? stealing?? then you can punish that. get fucking real

harming other people? punish that...

harming themselves? WHO CARES

16. I dont think this thread turned out the way you wanted.

17. I don't think you guys read what he wrote clearly...

18. He has edited since his first post. Any chance your name refers to operation ivy?.

19. Exactly what it refers to =) Not a hug fan, but from that type of music I definately like them the most. (Used to be a big fan of Rancid as well)

the edit explains a lot. I was curious why so many people misinterpreted.

20. Rancid has been one of my favourite bands for like 6 years. Out comes the wolves is my favourite album. I would give a listen to Dead kennedys. They are a good band whether or not your into punk.