If a stem is damaged is the plant a lost cause?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by yinyang, Apr 29, 2006.

1. im asking because when i watered one of my babies, the water actually bent the stem (still a young plant) like it didnt break but almost. then stem isnt standing upright anymore it laying down on the soil. should i scrap it or will the stem eventually strengthen again?

2. never give up hope. try to put it in its upright position without damaging it.. or just leave it alone and see what happens

3. ive said it before but.. marijuana is one tough fuckin plant and for me it seems fairly hard to kill..

the solution to your problem would be to use a toothpick (or something similar) to support the weak stem and eventually it will heal. the plant might stop growing for a while as it heals but after a week or two it should resume normal growth.

good luck wit the plant

4. Onetime I snapped a stem in half, all except a tiny part of the outer "shell" of the stem that was still attached. So I duct-taped a bandage for it, and it healed itself. IDK if duct-tape is a good idea or not, but it worked for me.

5. wow macgiver to the rescue:hello:

6. Stem breaks are definately not the end. It will sometimes have new growth coming out of the wound...I dont know if its a good or bad thing. depends on what you want.

7. you can tie it to a pole placed in the ground and continue growing it sideways and it will straighten out and the cola will grow up towards the light

8. thx maybe ill try the toothpick idea. although i just compacted the ground around the stem so it would stand up.