Idle No More!

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Djentlebudd, Jan 2, 2013.

1. Idle No More is an ongoing protest movement originating among the First Nations, Metis and Inuit peoples and their non-Aboriginal supporters in Canada, and to a lesser extent, internationally. It has quickly grown and garnered worldwide support from other indigenous peoples as well as sympathetic non-indigenous Canadians and Americans. It has consisted of a number of political actions worldwide, inspired in part by the hunger strike of Attawapiskat Chief Theresa Spence and further coordinated via social media. A reaction to abuses of indigenous treaty rights by the ruling Harper government, the movement takes particular issue with the recent omnibus bill Bill C-45.

In short words Steven Harper wants to take away land and ruin forests (Bill C-45) for a pipeline that will circulate between Canada and the United states (A big part where the pipeline will be passing, is on native land that a treaty was signed to allow the native reserve to keep their land and not have any control from the government without consent of the chiefs). This movement has nothing to do with Aboriginals trying to get money, this movement is to stop Harper from taking a crap on the future of this Planet. It's a beginning of a new era people. This is a worldwide protest so our mother earth can keep living and for the future of human life to remain active. Native Americans have been mistreated immensely and this is for a good cause.

People from around the world are supporting this!

For more information: Idle No More - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I will be more than happy to have a discussion, but I will not answer to any irritating and racists remarks. I personally support this movement because 2013 is the beginning of a new era and it's time for people to be heard!

Support at: http://www.facebook.com/IdleNoMoreCommunity

2. Attawapiskat Chief Theresa Spence on her Hunger strike:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UQ4vMoeD2s]Chief Spence exclusive interview CBC December 18, 2012 - YouTube[/ame]