Idk how but I stopped being an alcoholic

Discussion in 'General' started by DreamAwake, Dec 28, 2012.

1. I was struggling to get wasted less than 4 or 5 times a week for a while. I had a stretch of getting wasted 13 straight nights. And it wasn't by choice but because I couldn't stop myself from drinking.

Then I didn't change any patterns in my life. I didn't change anything at all. And now I've drank once in the last month :confused_2:

Just don't crave it anymore.

Why did this happen?

2. I don't know man, but cherish it.

3. you think 13 nights makes you addicted to something?

4. :hello:

5. I think being wasted 13 nights straight makes you on alcoholic.

Good job OP

6. When you don't want to do something, but can't stop yourself from doing it, then yes.

I don't feel guilty when I smoke weed everyday but alcohol makes me feel really guilty. But I couldn't stop myself from doing it anyway.

7. guess im a drunk then

8. One thing I've learned from AA in the past is that once you're an alcoholic you're always an alcoholic. But it's definitely different when you're drinking much more seldom.

9. IDK, for me I had to take some serious changes in my life to stop. I was drinking a bottle a day for awhile, prob was drinking every day for over 2 months.

Sounds like you got lucky lol,

10. Feels like a divine intervention

11. Might be. Hopefully you can stick with it and not get sucked down to the darkness again.