identifying plants in back yard

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by biosphere, Apr 23, 2007.

1. Hope this is in the right place to post this. Anyways, I was sitting on my back porch smoking a cigarette and I looked over and I noticed right next to me was a plant that appeared to be marijuana. I thought it couldn't be but I took a second look and the only thing that I noticed was it has a brown stem and some of the plants look very unhealthy, after all it is growing out of some rocks next to my porch. I know it would be hard for you guys to tell me without pictures, but I dont have a camera. I just thought I'd ask and see if maybe any of you know of some "imposter" plants that fool people sometimes. The plants seem to be young and aren't growing tall yet (about a as high as a stair). Also, its in a spot where its very possible someone could have emptied a bag of stems and seeds at. Next time my girlfriend comes over I'll get her to take a picture of it with her camera phone (if you guys haven't figured it out yet :p). Thanks.

2. does it have 5 leaves??

3. Yes, it has 5 leaves. And I called my friend and he told me to smell them, but the only thing is my sense of smell has been messed up all week, I've had a bit of a cold. I cant even smell weed while I'm baking! haha :)

4. oooo feral hemp... not much thc, youl get schwag at most when u harvest but hey weed is weed and if its really schwaggy make hash from it. the old strains of industrial hemp which this prob is have very little thc but they have some. their genetics were not bio engineered to have no thc and high cbd as modern hemp is. grow it... but transplant it to open soil before they get rootbound in them rocks. fertilizer, good soil and care will bring you better results. possably like plain old mid-grade mids. whatever you choose, thats a cool find man

5. Be carefull, some other plants look like MJ (hemp) but are not. Where I live I know one that has same leaves but with darker stem. And it is poisonous. Post pics asp and don't taste it ! I happen to know a bit about plants so I can only advise caution.

6. Its definitely not weed.[SIZE=-1px][/SIZE]

7. ^^^that sucks...it woulda been a good find...

8. well, my neightbor has plant that looks like weed, its more of a tree and it has little leaves smaller that usual bud plants but they look exactly the same, i'll try and get a pic

9. I have seen the tree plant before, think that is japanese or chinese. The leaves go red.

10. The tree is a Japanese Maple

11. lol Japanese maples look nothing like hemp IMO. plus I think they have 7 leaves not 5.