Ideas to lower the amount of sound from fans

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Surfdude19, Sep 24, 2009.

1. hey i just got done setting up my new grow tent, and moved my Rambo plant and hawaiian gold plant into it one problem tho the fans are just a little too noisy any ideas? its in my closet and u can just notice it if ure in my room with the closet doors closed

2. Only things you can really do are either buy a new fan that runs more quiet, or turn the speed down. If you're talking about inline fans or fans of that nature, you can buy things to slow the speed down, but that would require you to rewire them.

You can try to insulate them, but unless you really, really know what you are doing (and even then...) you put yourself at a higher risk of causing problems with fire. Best to have the little noise coming out of your closet than to burn your place down.

3. If you are going to buy a fan controller make sure it isn't a dimmer switch. I made that mistake before, and when you reduce the power input to the fan, it will have an annoying hum, even louder than the fan a full speed.
    If it's the air movement 'swish', you can buy a silencer, that connects to your ducting.
    If all else fails, just leave a radio on low, just enough to cover the sound of the fan.

4. fans on clrearance racks everywhere.

just go get a better one.

5. i would just have a radio playing just so it sounds lowder then the fan or get a fishtank thats kinda noisy or waterfall minin thing