Ideas on how to make money, so I can get the FUCK OUT OF HERE?

Discussion in 'General' started by windowPanes, May 29, 2008.

1. Well.

It's me, gc, and I'm honestly sick and fucking tired of this living situation.
    I'm living with my parents as of now (18) and have lived in this Same town, in this Same house, all my natural life.

I can't take this shit anymore, I mean I love my parents and they love me. Zero problems there. They have no problem with me going away, they want me to get out and do shit (I have major Anxiety and Depression problems, self esteem issues on top of that, anyways.). I just have no way to get there, much less have the money...

No real jobs around here are hiring, the only ones a part time and below minimum wage. I could make more on a Paper route! But they aren't hiring either.... haha.

My plan though, is to switch coasts completely for a while, if not for good.
    I'm getting tired of Va, I've been all over the east too, now it's time I enjoy the other part of this country. Planning on Cali! Get a MMC and everything.

Coming from a small town there was nothing to do BUT drugs, which I'm planning on quitting for good. Pharms specially, I mean I'll still trip and shit, and take my anxiety meds, but not as much and as needed. Use tripping as a more spiritual event even more so than I do now too. Even cut back on weed. I mean honestly, I don't need to smoke all the time, don't have the money for it either, but I'm not saying when I do, I won't:D.

Anyways, I need some serious ideas on how to make money to get all of this going. I hope you guys read and appreciate this somewhat and help out.

Thanks

Peace
    panes

EDIT:

What I'm saying here, overall, is I think I need to change my life, and in a huge way.
    I think it would be most beneficial for me to travel instead of being surrounded by the same shit that brings me down in the first place.

2. Make sure you go to college man, these days you can't even get a job interview if you don't have a degree.

There's good money in making websites but it takes time to learn that stuff. The only cost though is the price of a laptop, all the software you use is free.

GL man, think long-term.

3. Thanks bro!

Yeah, I'm thinking long term as said.
    I do plan on going to college, also thinking in Cali, probably somewhere in NorCal. Humboldt maybe, then just get a house there, growing my own medicine, and if possible, whatever I'd have to do to be able to supply co ops. I'd do it.

Peace

4. Join the service, you will certainly travel, Plus it will put you on a career path. I have lived in VA all my life, & I have traveled all over the country...Cali twice / NV / FL / NY / TX just to name a couple states, & I can tell you...the only big difference is in the landscape & temps.

I always thought a fireman would be a cool job, I think those guys work like 3 days on / 3 days off, you could have a part time job on those days off for extra loot, or just chill the fuck out those 3 days off.

5. Hmm, possibly man, the fireman thing sounds better.

I have a very good friend, here on GC, that's a fireman also.
    So obviously it's a pretty stoner friendly job.

Peace
    panes

6. Have a large grow bum some seeds off a freind

7. If you become a fireman, you'd have drug tests to deal with meaning extra stress. However, like you said, medical marijuana for the win!

I would honestly suggest the advertisement business though. If theere are any fairly nice places to eat in town, maybe wait tables there. Tips + salary and save as much as you can, even if it means quitting smoking for a while.

8. Yeah I'm just thinking of getting school shit together first.
    Then think of money, I have fam that are well into some money and I know that they'd be there for me if need be. They want to see me do something like this with my life also.
    So I'm sure they'd be down to help set me up somewhere else.

Peace
    panes

9. Too bad you don't have job security even with Medical Marijuana.

I was in the same boat as you, mate. Do something different. Live like a hobo for a year, go live off the land or something. Let your imagination go wild.

10. I've also thought of this many times, I've done it before, just not for long periods of time.

It's a great experience.

11. I agree with some of the previous posters, definitly get your school shit done, cause you can't go no where without a education. or a thugacation haha. But don't worry about moving until your atleast done your four years of college. Get done with school, and than bust out!
    In four years, if I'm still around, we can move to cali together.

12. Helll yeah son, I don't know though, I was thinkin maybe startin here then transferrin over to Cali.

Fuck yeah bro, let's go to Caliiiii!

Peace

13. Start your own buisness, figure out what services are in demand in your area and take advantage of it, or start an ebay buisness. When you've made a decent amount of money it is time to expand. It beats wasting your time and money in college or killing people for a living.

14. Hey, leave us professional assassins out of this.

15. man i've wanted to do what your tryin to do for a while... just up and leave. And its the same situation, i love my parents and all, but sometimes im just sick of the same ol' grind. I already finished my first year of college... in state university, but i lived there so it was like i lived away... and ill tell you i loved the lifestyle, but i cant stand classes or anything. Im stickin it out only because i feel obligated to get a 4 year degree (mostly cause i was in like, honors and ap my whole life, and got into engineering at my school... my parents were all proud but i dropped out of engineering immediately. To keep my parents from being devasted and hating me i had to pick a decent backup major and stick with it).

it sounds like your aching to get out, in which case i really have no ideas, because i already thought about how i could do it...

however if your willing to wait, i could tell you my plan: i figure ill graduate with a degree, get a good job with good pay (and your okay... sorry i like pink floyd), and live at home for a year or 2 with my dad. He'll basically pay for everything, so ill stock pile a ton of money, hopefully around 100,000, and then i will move east to west, and set up somewhere in cali. dont know where cuz i love LA and i love SF, so maybe ill just pick somewhere completely different than either of those.

16. Here's a start:

At any store like Best Buy or any type of computer related store hires people that only install fucking Windows Vista on laptops and computers that people buy. You go to a class for like 2-4 weeks and get certified, and you basically get paid $100 everytime you install an OS. Basically, you get paid for clicking "Next"

17. Woaaah, dude THANKS.

Holy shit, I never knew this.

No best buys and shit around, what about like RadioShack?

Peace

18. I am planning on being some type of safety engineer, ride around in a truck all day making sure utilities are running fine.