Ideas on curing a 4 lbs of dro outside? (cant use mason jars/need alternative)

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by ripterr, Jan 17, 2010.

1. Use a water cure. All you'll need is coolers, and lots of fresh water.

Here's how it works.

When you harvest your plants, place the trimmed buds (and trim if you like) in a beer cooler.

Fill the beer cooler with cold tap water. So not stir or agitate the plant material - EVER. When the plant material is floating about an inch above the bottom of the cooler you have enough water.

Weight down the plant matter so it stays submerged. I use blocks of wood. Once the air has bled out (takes 3 days) you don't need to weigh them down anymore, but they must remain submerged for the entire time they are being cured.

Change the water every day for 6 days. On the seventh day, drain off the water and hang your plants to dry. Once dry they are ready for immediate consumption - I use a dehydrator so I can process batches quickly.

Keep the lid off the cooler, but place the cooler out of direct sunlight.

It is really that simple. No fuss, no muss, no big odor problem, no long wait, and no mould.

The resulting weed will have very little smell or taste, even when smoked it is very stealthy, the smoke is very very smooth, it also increases the potency BY WEIGHT -

If you're looking to sell this might not be a good idea, as you'll net about 15% dry weight from a water cure vs. 25% dry weight from a traditional air cure

2. Thanks for the input..Any other ways? Im going to be curing in the middle of a forest and I wont have access to tap water... I heard about curing in those air tight plastic buckets with lids??? or??

3. needs to be dryed first....see if you can give someone a qtr to let you hang it in there house since you obviously cant

4. It already is dried...