Ideas for my website?

Discussion in 'General' started by Arnack, Mar 22, 2008.

1. I can remember posting a thread a long time ago to get some ideas for my website. I didn't get far with any of them, so I'm going to recreate the thread. The type of website I want is a semi-broad niche. I don't want something as broad as myspace and youtube, or something too narrow like selling finger nail polish or a website about how cool kangaroos are.

For example: a website that has a bunch of free website templates. But of course this idea is already taken. Any ideas? (It shouldn't be too complicated..)

2. weedspace. something like myspace for potheads only!

3. Oh yeah and I forgot to say: It can't be anything illegal in the USA (server requirements)

4. lol, weedbook.

You should make like a dating background check website. Where people can go and post about the people that they had bad dates/relationships with.

5. altho that could be cool it has the potential to really fuck up peoples reputations. people could just lie and make up stuff if they had a bitter breakup or whatever.

6. Yeah good ideas either way, but making dating/"space" services are a bit hard :p

7. how simple? Are you running a server like apache? What is your allotted bandwidth usage per month? I could throw some ideas out there, but its helpful to know a general direction and limits.

An idea that's been done, but its simple is to just do a basic blog. If you don't already read it, I highly recommend the best page in the universe blog. The one where he makes fun of the children's art had me rolling. Just google "best page in the universe" if you want.

8. I really have enough space for anything (and when I say anything I don't mean everything! lol) Just go ahead and throw some ideas out.. I really want to stray away from blogs, though. I never really liked them. I'll look at that though.
    Haha, that was real funny. I love the hate mail section, still looking around.

9. I say some kind of deal where you list every nude scene in ever movie. So if people want to see their fav. regular actrice naked they just search and it gives the movie and time. If I were you I'd call it 'Flesh of the Stars' or something along those lines. :p

"boobs and bush, boobs and bush" - gotta love that credit bush

10. thank you sooo much for this site, oh my god. I'm going to be on it for hours. I just ran into his iPhone link and i can't even stop laughing....
    http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=iphone

11. I can't believe you guys have never seen The Best Page In The Universe before.... I've been visiting that site since I first got a computer back in '98 or '99.

I would give you an awesome idea for a website, but I'm afraid you might actually use it and then I wouldn't have a way to become rich when I make my own website.

12. If your scared of giving the idea away, then we could always team up :)