Ideas for Light Traps needed

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by 3Deez, Aug 19, 2011.

1. I need to place light traps in my grow box over 4" fans but got no clue how to do it. The room that the box was in is no longer gonna work...so now i got it in my open style closet (no door) the gets very little traffic. PLEASE...any and every idea would be great. DIY type stuff or purchase...THANKS;).

2. two 45 degree elbows? that won't work?

two 90 degree elbows?

3. Im visualizing...how do I attach to the 4" fans (they are computer type fans)?

4. Lowes sells pvc fittings that only have to be drilled and bolted...then attach ducting

5. Speed,
    Here is what I am working with for fans. First one is from the outside. Thanks, I hope that you dont have to go tearing things down to help me out. I appreciate the guidance though.

Attached Files:

6. I got caught up in cutting holes in my walls for a new system im building.. ill be at home depot in less than a hour bro... hang tight... your fix is easy

7. So sorry man....life gets in the way...stopped for lunch....I'm sure you understand....I'm seriously on the way to lowes in like 20

8. This part

Attached Files:

9. The fan is the square whit e piece with the bolt threw it

Just remove the grating from the grate adapter, drill some holes and bolt them....add your pvc light trap (painted black if your using white pipe) done

Sorry it took so long....cubs went into over time

Attached Files:

10. #11 3Deez, Aug 19, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2011
    Sorry I didnt respond earlier. Trying to learn how to use this app on my phone...thanks for hooking me up with the info. So this cover keeps light out? Or is there anything more that I need to add?

didnt see the second post with the rest...my bad.

11. Am I right in understanding that I need two grates for this? One on each side of the fan? Sorry for being super slow on this bro.

12. You need exactly everything he showed you in that second pic...

Imagine that the white piece in the middle is your fan.

13. Thanks grower

14. Thanks guys. I tried to rep ya Speed but it says I gotta spread some around first. Thanks again.

15. thanks, but i don't really care about rep... im here for helping people

update, once you get your stuff put together... love to see what you come up with

16. Will do. I hope to get some stuff done today/tomorrow and have some pics up soon. thats if the wife's list of stuff to do gets knocked out easily!