Ideas for hauling water

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by marrymemary, Feb 9, 2013.

1. Basically what the title says
    I've found my grow spot this year and I'm really excited. The only problem I have is that the stream where ill be getting water is around 200-300 yards from where my op will be. Any ideas/thoughts/experiences on lugging water and the best ways to do it? Any help is really appreciated

2. If you receive good rain atleast once every 2 weeks you could set up a few large totes to catch and store the rain. I bury my totes and use tarps to catch extra rain to flow into the totes, after a rain a place the tarps in an empty tote and put a lid on the totes full of rain to use as needed.

Using a stream 300 yards away would be very difficult not to leave a trail.

3. I would suggest trying to dig a deep hole closer to the plants to see where the water table is, might get lucky and the hole will just fill up once you hit the water table

4. Not bad ideas, thanks guys

5. Arizona ice tea jugs work great

6. A few ideas haul it in a hiking pack use a pump and hose to pump the water in or bring buckets or containers from you auto if you come in from another area than the stream

7. Anyone know where to buy a powerful enough gas powered pump that is strong enough to move water 100ish yards kind of up hill? And are there hoses long enough to run that far? I'm in the same boat. I have a pretty big creek that I will be using this season. I will need to go cut a trail to it before things get crazy, but hauling jugs at a time would likely be 5 mins round trip. If I can pump 50 gals at a time to my site that'd save me a good amount of time. Trying to feed 20-50 plants

8. I've always wondered how people used pumps in the woods? Wheres the power coming from?

9. Gas, batteries and solar all work