ideas for coverup

Discussion in 'Tattoo, Piercings and Body Art' started by tltsol, Feb 17, 2013.

1. I have just came to the conclusion that my chest piece has to be removed. I never really thought it was THAT bad, but when I talked to a few people about it, they agreed. It's bad. Now I need to decide what a good cover-up would be because the thing is so damn large and takes up my whole chest. Any ideas? Please help.

Attached Files:

2. Sonething with wings? I would talk to an artist. But that is a big piece to cover.

3. How about a unicorn riding a Lyger with a huge rainbow in the background?

4. my friend got "HARD WHITE" across his chest and it's awful.

this is why i want but don't want tattoos.

i'm sure you'll figure something out.

one of my friends covered up her ex names tattoo and put an owl over it, wish i had a pic.

5. So much regret lol I should've thought it through. Hmmmm I just need something big enough to cover it.

6. give it a little laser and you ll have a lot more range in what you can cover it with.

7. Is black easy to fade??

8. What does it say, "Never .....", I can't tell. Not being a dick OP, actually sat here for a minute or two trying to read the other word because I wanted to know. I know a guy who got a cock(a male chicken) on his leg being hung below his knee on a rope, dude was an idiot. So don't feel bad OP, there is worse. What would you want on your chest? I suggest you think for a long time before this one. This is exactly why I don't like tattoos and have been trying my ass off to stop my girl from getting one. My motto is not in the Marines and don't have any kids, I don't have a reason for it. I got asked at a tattoo party before though.

9. It says overcome. Artist made it 2 words idk why....... I've just been trying to find a chest design that actually covers this. It's so fuckin big

10. Idk.. thats pretty dark and big. How long have you had it? You might want to get it lasered to lighten it up in order to have more options. Id talk to a professional about it.

11. I've had it for about 6 months

12. Okay actual ideas...hmmmm, tell us some important things in your life OP. Things that will be important forever that you dont mind sharing so we can get an idea what you like. Obviously motorcycles, a set of motorcycle bars, seems kinda dumb though, maybe embellished a lot with other important aspects of your life that will define your life forever. No gf names or names of anyone who isnt family, blood family.

13. Well I would like a memorable kindof tattoo. The past year has been hard for me overcoming many drug addictions. Maybe something that reminds me of that time or shows that things could be worse. I was saving this idea for my sleeve starting next year. I have always liked nautical stars. Btw that handlebars odes wasn't too bad, just maybe not on the chest.

14. blacks the easiest. The way it works is the light energy breaks down the ink so your body can then remove it, black absorbs the most light so its the easiest, its things like yellows and reds that are really hard to remove.

15. Get a giant bear. or Panther. Or a reaper. you'll have to go much bigger to cover it up and it will need to be dark over the areas you're covering

16. Hmmm good ideas. Keep em coming

17. Looks like you want the tattoo you have :p

18. Lol ikr! Looks like shit tho

19. Can you get it removed first? I can just imagine a coverup turning this into an even more epic failure.

20. Yea that's pretty bad. I think you're a good candidate for removal... probably would take more than a year and look gross in the interim though. If you get it lasered off halfway it will really open up your cover-up options

You need to subscribe to some tumblr tattoo streams, or start looking at tattoo magazines, or join some tattoo forums... that will really help you to figure shit out. Definitely don't just copy someone else's though.

Chest pieces: chest piece tattoo | Tumblr
    Fuck Yeah Chest Tattoos

In general: F Yeah Good Tattoos