Ideas for any homemade feed systems.. Using timers and fish tank pumps

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Ridgebound33187, Sep 6, 2012.

1. So I kind of had an idea, I figured I can set up a small tank with the water and nutrients already mixed in and maybe use some kind of aquarium fish tank pump to feed them at certain times of the day.. Using a timer. I imagine that there might already be a setup kinda like the one I had in mind. I am using soil, so it doesn't have to be anything fancy, I just needed it to feed enough to where it might just pour out the drip holes on to the catch tray. Any ideas?

Thanks

2. underwater water pump. Attach tube to output of water. Attach tube to manifold with multiple splits and on/off valves. Attach tubes to each valve, one for each plant. Turn valves on for ones with tubes, off for the others. Put dripper heads on the ends of those tubes and stick into soil media in the pots/whatever you are using. Plug pump into timer, set timer

Done hahahahhaha

3. So pretty much the valves just get turned of and on so that there is no excess

4. Thanks for the reply by the way. Sry I sent without finish what I was writing. So valve was to keep the excess feed from running, and it's turned off when your not using the feed system right.. And I'm just using a regular fish tank air pump?

5. [quote name='"Ridgebound33187"']Thanks for the reply by the way. Sry I sent without finish what I was writing. So valve was to keep the excess feed from running, and it's turned off when your not using the feed system right.. And I'm just using a regular fish tank air pump?[/quote]

Make sure it pumps water.... not just air.

And the manifolds usually have more outputs than you will need, you shut off the unused ones or water will just explode out of them. When the pump is on, water flows, when its off, no water. So whenever the timer kicks on the pump it will be feeding the plants... you can buy digital timers that will come on for various lengths of time numerous times a day if you want it to just constantly put small amounts in the soil lol

6. Thanks buddy, I appreciate the reply and help

7. yea haha. In my shed i have a large reservoir in which i have a large pump with airstones and a circulatory pump keeping the water moving (my reservoir is technically buried and in winter the ground surrounding it becomes so cold the water can freeze if its still but it doesnt freeze when its in motion) and then a water pump hooked up to a tube thats currently just used to manually feed because my manifold got stepped on and fucking exploded essentially lol.

But normally the pump is hooked to the manifold via tubing. The manifold then sits in the chamber its used in (generally i have 2 on different schedules for veg/flower) and then tubes come off each output and each tube has a staked drip feeder on the end, stick the stake into the soil and it sits there waiting to feed. Then i have the pump plugged into a digi timer

8. Any Buddy have any ideas for an air percolation pump system or has anybody tried the system that transformer tubes offer I want to keep my bong at 4 feet tall but I don't want to hurt my lungs trying to pull all that smoke up