Ideally what is the BEST* light spectrum for weed plants?

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by Chapter 4, Sep 5, 2008.

1. #81 StinkBomb, Mar 29, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2011
    I don't know if that Lil' Wayne video was some kind of joke or stab at me, but I could only listen to the first few seconds before I had to cut the bubble gum rapper bullshit.

Real Street Shit:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLwEoNlke1I]YouTube - Freddie Gibbs - "Boxframe Cadillac" HD[/ame]

Hard Street Shit:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOkFZZFhwIE&feature=related[/ame]

2. #82 GrapeStreet, Mar 30, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2011
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrdDNHYzPjE]YouTube - Knock Knock Joke (He Doesn't Get it) LOL[/ame]

Flame On.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opVf4cJqliU[/ame]

GrapeStreet4Life

3. Hey dude, PM me the address of your kick ass dispensary. I will take a trip and pay you a visit. I really will. I'm rich, and have plenty of free time. So, if you aren't a pussy, PM me your location and I'll plan a trip. We can either cool this thing out, or it can go another direction.

If you think I'm bluffing, call my bluff. Send me your address and I'll be seeing you.

4. #84 StinkBomb, Mar 30, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2011
    Are you the Grape Street in Cali or Colorado? Please let me know so I can visit your operation. I'm dead serious. I hate internet beef. Let us squash this thing face to face. On my dime of course.

I also want to know if you are actually a Grape Street Crip or if you just post videos of them because you are on a street with the same name. So, do you roll with any Crip set?

Ok, now I know you are in CO. So, did you move there from Cali to set up an operation for the Crip Nation? Taking that Cali' Crippin' shit to the CO mountain folk?

5. You are some kind of mental patient aren't you Stinkbutt...

-Loki

6. #86 GrapeStreet, Mar 31, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2011
    Nah man, no beef.

The "fireman" is in reference to all our undue hatred for each other. Ain't no need. I.E. The thread's "Flaming" so we call the firemen. Whole point was just to shut down the thread we've gotten so off topic with our jabs at each other.

GrapeStreet is an homage to a friend, man. I don't live, have never lived, and may never live on any street of Grape. But it sounds good, right? Connotations of connoisseurs and street gangs, with a hint of ironic anonymity.

I'm no crip. Ain't no need in bringing up that battle. 'sides, Ten Tray reps purple. Bloods and Crips have teamed up to tryn' take them on. I do have friends down in Watts, but that's all I'm saying. I don't believe in any of that hate-on-hate shit.

I am a mountain folk, man. Friendly as can be.

I don't work at a dispensary, I work for them, many of them. I'm freelance.

But if you want to kick it, I'm down to blaze and squash the hate! :D Don't doubt you've got some fire sittin' around. Ain't much chance most in the front range are even messing with less than chronic anymore.

You're rich? Awesome man, I'm poor as dirt, come buy me lunch! Im a starving artist, literally...

Shit, you got a job i can do? need some trimmers? need help scrubbin the tubs, or runnin the res, lemme know. I'm a greenthumb at heart, and I need some good ol' fashion work! These damned dispensaries are cheap as shit, won't even think of hiring me unless I cut it down to 25% market for my time. I'm lucky it's all digital or I would have spent my whole pay just buying the film!

Hey cool...900th post. :D

7. Word. Beef Squashed. I freelance too, but Montana has a much different setup. I'm a private "Caregiver". I have no commercial outlet. It is illegal in the state of MT to sell to another "Caregiver", and frankly I don't like dispensaries.

I actually do have lots of jobs you could do. My current workers will tell you I'm more than fair. I only grow in soil, so there is ALWAYS work to be done. Be it planting seeds or scrubbing pots after a harvest to building SCROGS to working on the plumbing and electric.

If you're ever in Missoula, shoot me a PM and we can puff a fat dab of oil together.

8. Haha , fuck yea Mizoo...

Will do, SB. In the mean, be well.

9. and you sir are an idiot once again never said 5 is what i pull in but you insist on keep on bringin it up.
    i make perfect sense in a rational mind your the idiot who cant understand the difference of what someone says (me )
    and what someone wants them to say to win an argument(you)
    like i said i know what im doin and im living my life
    if it makes you happy and you win this argument by saying
    "blah blaH texas this texas that only gets 5 gs a month wow big"
    then be my guest and say it again and ill stick to my 5 gs a month and leave your lonely ass alone:D

10. Whatever man. Number two on the ignore list!

11. If by "grow period" you mean vegetation, yea, it'll be good. 400w of any spectrum will be fine. Pretty much any light will be fine for veg, some faster than others. With a 400wHID, you're good.

Don't think too hard on it, it's just one of a thousand details you can think about.

12. hey loki, if you read this thanks for the 1/2 power post.. finally gettin ready to get ready to play

13. I just read this thread for this point and THIS user just gets under my skin. IMO, everything he says is argumented annoyingly and every message is offtopic. And filled with incorrect "facts".

Pisses me off like republicans...

This thread was about best light spectrum for cannabis plants, and i came here to find exact nanometer values, not posts after posts how great HPS is.

I am creating LED lights from parts just like some others here too, and i also got offer from one seller where they said that they could deliver all bandwidhts and i just need to tell what i want.

So far lights that i have built have had royal blue and 660nm RED LED's.

Thanks for those who gave graphics here. And for all of you who stay on topic. ;)

14. So actually blue light does not do any harm? That's news to me, i have thought that it is the green one which is safe. Never heard about that red shift before.

I guess it's been too advanced science for me.. and most. :)

-To make sure, colors between blue and green would be very good too, like turquoise?
    -Could you explain what red shift means?

Couple extra Q's that have been in my mind for a while. I guess that ppl. in this thread can answer for those:
    -are both a. & b. chlorophyl curves equally important to cannabis plants?
    -are those graphics linked in to this thread specific for cannabis or maybe common for all plants?

I meant to ask if other plants would get more benefits from different wavelengths than others? And can i count that this exact curves are studied with cannabis plants, if that does matter?

15. #96 Loki7, Aug 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2012
    During the dark period, what's happening is phytochrome is going from the active "Pfr" form into the inactive "Pr" form. Over 12 hours, enough "Pfr" changes to "Pr" to trigger flowering.

Red light changes the "Pr" form back to the "Pfr" form, so that stop the flowering response.

So, you want to use light that's as far away from red as possible. Green will do, but blue is better. When a photon passes through a leaf, it's wavelength is lengthened, making it shift towards the red end of the spectrum. So, if you have a wide spectrum of green, there could be enough yellow/orange to effect the phytochrome which effects flowering if it passes through enough leaves to hit the 660-680nm range.

-Loki

16. Thanks, i got this now. :)

Still, this is not very common knowlege yet. I think i need to find (or create) blue portable flashlight then...

<span style="margin:0px;font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif;">Specification:</span>
    • <span style="margin:0px;font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif;">LED:  <span style="margin:0px;color:rgb(0,128,0);">38 pcs</span></span>
    • <span style="margin:0px;font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif;">Color: <span style="margin:0px;color:rgb(204,0,102);">Red + Blue</span></span>
    • <span style="margin:0px;font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif;">Input Voltage: AC110V</span>
    • <span style="margin:0px;font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif;">Power: 1.9W</span>
    • <span style="margin:0px;font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif;">Weight: 34g</span>
    • <span style="margin:0px;font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif;">Diameter: 5cm</span>
    • <span style="margin:0px;font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif;">Height: 6cm</span>
    • <span style="margin:0px;font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif;">Wavelength: Red: 660nm, Blue: 460nm</span>

Are those the specs I want from a LED system then?

This should help some. Got this from Lumigrow's website.

Attached Files:

19. Light follows the rules of wave mechanics only light which arrives in coherent spectrun wave front is used by plants. Think of it as being like sound. If you don't have the adjacent wavelengths set at the correct amplitude you lose the harmonics which maintain resonance which is what is required to utilize the available energy. Puting it more simplky. Look at an SPD. You are only giving the light as much energy as it gets if it was a straight line across the chart at the high point of the lowest notch.