Ideally what is the BEST* light spectrum for weed plants?

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by Chapter 4, Sep 5, 2008.

1. +1

(ignore this i need 5 characters to post;))

2. lol i would never let you either.
    because this is a subject in these forums where if it goes around enough people think its important
    but real growers know weed grows in too many conditions for one to be called "ideal"

btw spectrum is what im careless bout
    my weed i love i put love into and im sure would blow yours out the water if only we could have a smoke off i put my word behind my shit i dont grow bull.
    but then again worried about spectrum instead of weight seems like you are growing some boo boo crop so good luck maybe you can grow a decent crop one day

3. How many lights do you have in your flower room/area?

4. #64 GrapeStreet, Mar 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2011
    Bomb or not it doesn't seem to contain much THC-OL. doesn't get me high, but the One Love turpene is what separates the skeezy moneymakers from the connoisseurs. Why aren't you growing something wig a higher market value. Weed is for the little fish. Start growing something that's actually worth some money, bling boy. Oh I guess Down in Texas you all can still make buck selling it?

Well stay down there. Nobody's makin money in co. And we certainly don't need no egoDope making it's way up north. We have more than enough cuz of these silly commercial growers.

Everyones got 3-10 PBS of good quality...sitting on the shelf and dropping to 35/g. The dispensaries won't even look at it unless it's 2500qp or less.

The "yield" game you're playing is over up here. I use weed to restuff my pillows and fertilize my tomatoes. Yield means shit here.

No wine on earth that is worth a damn is grown with yield in mind. Keep your moonshine.

--
    Edit:
    Ok I've had my coffee. Sorry for flamin'. Dude, if you don't like the thread topic, just go on to the next one, cool? :cool:

We got it, you don't give a damn about spectrum. Fair enough, let the engineers at the bulb factory do the work for you, it's what you're payin them for right?

For the rest of us dumb sheep:
    [​IMG]
    The first hump is the blue spectrum, the second two humps are red and far red (near Ir).

This is why green bulbs are not considered treacherous in dark bloom rooms. As long as the intensity is low, the green photons are almost uniformly refracted off the plants.

Bah, g2g.

LOKI WHERE ARE YOU WHEN I NEED YOU

5. Since you asked... I was just gonna let this thread fade...

Two things, first "the humps" the anything from oh... say 640nm 700nm is red light... So, the two humps are red and redder... Far red is 730nm and IR is ~900+nm.

Second, green light... Green light is safe-ish in a dark room because green light does cause pytochrome to react... It has nothing to do with photosythesis. Blue light is much better though, because as light passes thru leaves, it red-shifts... A powerful green light could red shift enough to cause an issue, where a blue light would be ok.

Also, I agree with the volume is shit arguement, but I think lights play such a small role in quality that it's a moot point.

-Loki

6. Aren't you using monospectrum flashes to manipulate hormone triggers? It's a smallpiece of the puZzle, but I called on you to make a point that while it's not severely correlative to overall growth,spectrum plays an important part in other ways. Like the "shade" trigger?

7. Yes, I'm using just 730nm light to speed up conversion of Pfr to Pr, when all the other lights are off...

I assumed we were talking strictly photosynthesis... which means just about any light will work, unless it has too much far red, ie. incandescents and plasma lights...

-Loki

8. the medical argument is bullshit this shit has been recreational far longer than that bullshit medical dispute and
    btw
    im sure im a connoisseur i love what im doing i know my bud could compete with any one in the world ive done my years of research
    ill leave you alone
    i think your upset we still get legit money down in texas for our product

not getting ripped off by rich ass people and anyone who wants to open up a shop to make money off other peoples stuff
    keep doing what your doing all i can do is wish you luck
    im gettting what mine is worth

9. Ummmm, does this mean I'll never know what size light you use? :confused:

10. You think an operation that pulls in $5,000 a month is doing it big? That is small commercial status. Big timeer. Fucking guppy is more like it.

11. Oh lookie... It's big nuts Stinky looking for a pissing match... pathetic...

-Loki

12. o you arrogant idiots
    did i say it was big??
    i said most of you HAVE NOT even done that so get your facts straight you look like a straight fool tryin to contradict something that you got twisted
    trust me i know what big is ive seen operations stay where your at and ill stay making my texas money
    funny how mad some of you are?
    Okie dokie

13. I'm not mad. You're just stupid. I didn't get anything twisted. Reread your own post. Any misunderstanding was due to your poor communication skills.

But maybe making sense isn't a big priority when your a big timeer. A couple thousands.... yeah dude.. you are going huge.

14. Enough.

Thread Closed: THE ROOF'S ON FIRE!!!!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2t_M5QM5PlI]YouTube - The Fireman - The Fire Man Song[/ame]

NANANANANA FIRE MAN!

That should scare anyone away! :D

15. that song is ridonk:cool: :p

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

16. I was able to see Loki7's pissing match comment because I wasn't signed in.

I'm not getting into a pissing match. I never said anything about my grow and how much it produces.

TexasMoron implied that he has run an operation that pulls in 5g a month, and that that is somehow a benchmark to entering big timeer status.

I run a small (fewer than 99) operation. I'm not trying to compete with anyone. I would have opened a commercial outlet if that were my desire.

I know guys, not myself, who pay well over 5g in electricity alone.

If you guys want to defend TexasDude, be my guest. He seems to be a really ethical grower full of great knowledge!

I can only piss a few feet. Weak bladder.

17. A few feet? :eek:

With my old prostate, I'm happy if I'm not spraying on the guy next to me or dribbling on my shoes :eek:

I just wanted to know what size light.

18. Looks like it to me... Texas guys says one thing's big, you say you "know guys" who are bigger... And gosh, Stinky, we are all really impressed...

Pathetic...

-Loki

19. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7y0ChoYgSek]YouTube - Lil Wayne - Fireman[/ame]

I'm back Bitches, and this time I brought the bird man.

You can spark it up, and I'm gon' put you oooout!!!

20. #80 clongo, Mar 29, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2011
    the best light spectrum is the radiance of the moon reflecting off my perineum.
    or mimicking cannabis's niche in the plant growing world, i.e. mimick what the spectrum around them in nepal is.

Basically led's are great because they can target specific wavelengths, but may leave out desirable carotenoid and terpenoid etc development that is found with the ceramic metal halide, which all hps growers under 600 watts should switch to.

the ideal spectrum would be created by years and years of research with heavily monitored and filtered spectral outputs in completely isolated environments, and that could end up being strain specific because of ruderalis and indica and sativa all being bred together these days,

pick a light source you can afford and use in a way that wont fuck up your plants and stop arguing about yields and money, that shit means nothing. I could pick up any of the unspecific grow guides out there and do exactly what is says without understanding it and put up great gpwh