Ideal volts and watts for Nautilus Aspire

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by iKerry, Oct 2, 2018.

Tags:
  1. I have a Nautilus Aspire Mini tank with a Tesla "Advanced Vaporizer" with adjustable voltage (3-6) and wattage (1-15) and a 1.8 Ohm BVC atomizer.

Using THC oil what's the ideal voltage and wattage?

I've been using the system daily for about a year. I have the airflow adjustment ring set to the largest diameter hole. The only problem is the occasional hard draw on the first toke; I assume it's because the oil becomes thick and requires a lot of suction to get it going. Could it be that I have the volts and watts set wrong?
    Aloha, Kerry

2. You’re using cannabis in an Aspire Nautilus? I’m vaping my nic juice out of one, as I have been for about the last year, but it would need a pretty serious rebuild to handle cannabis oil. I’m not totally sure it’s even possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. Been using THC oil with my Nautilus Mini for about a year. I usually replace the 1.6 coil between refills. I've been soaking and cleaning the parts in acetone or 99% alcohol which makes the air adjustment ring turn easier. However, with some oils I have to heat the tank with a hair dryer to get it to vape. Otherwise I get a hernia trying to toke. Is there something I can use to dilute the oil? My VW/VV batt is set to 14watts and 6 volts.

4. Thanks floaterdor:

Re: "... but it [Nautilus Min) would need a pretty serious rebuild to handle cannabis oil. I’m not totally sure it’s even possible." Anyone have some advice about using THC oil in my Nautilus Mini? Or, is there a vape that is designed specifically for vaping THC oil?

5. How to convert watts to amps
    How to convert electric power in watts (W) to electric current in amps (A).

You can calculate amps from watts and volts. You can't convert watts to amps since watts and amps units do not measure the same quantity.

DC watts to amps calculation formula
    The current I in amps (A) is equal to the power P in watts (W), divided by the voltage V in volts (V):

I(A) = P(W) / V(V)

So amps are equal to watts divided by volts.

amp = watt / volt

or

A = W / V

Example
    What is the current in amps when the power consumption is 330 watts and the voltage supply is 110 volts?

I = 330W / 110V = 3A

AC single phase watts to amps calculation formula
    The phase current I in amps (A) is equal to the real power P in watts (W), divided by the power factor PF times the RMS voltage V in volts (V):

I(A) = P(W) / (PF × V(V) )

So amps are equal to watts divided by power factor times volts.

amps = watts / (PF × volts)

or

A = W / (PF × V)

Example
    What is the phase current in amps when the power consumption is 330 watts, the power factor is 0.8 and the RMS voltage supply is 110 volts?

I = 330W / (0.8 × 110V) = 3.75A

AC three phase watts to amps calculation formula
    Amps calculation with line to line voltage
    The phase current I in amps (A) is equal to the real power P in watts (W), divided by square root of 3 times the power factor PF times the line to line RMS voltage VL-L in volts (V):

I(A) = P(W) / (3 × PF × VL-L(V) )

So amps are equal to watts divided by square root of 3 times power factor times volts.

amps = watts / (3 × PF × volts)

or

A = W / (3 × PF × V)

Example
    What is the phase current in amps when the power consumption is 330 watts, the power factor is 0.8 and the RMS voltage supply is 110 volts?

I = 330W / (3 × 0.8 × 110V) = 2.165A

Amps calculation with line to neutral voltage
    The calculation assumes the loads are balanced.

The phase current I in amps (A) is equal to the real power P in watts (W), divided by 3 times the power factor PF times the line to neutral RMS voltage VL-0 in volts (V):

I(A) = P(W) / (3 × PF × VL-0(V) )

So amps are equal to watts divided by 3 times power factor times volts.

amps = watts / (3 × PF × volts)

or

A = W / (3 × PF × V)

6. Hi Headhunterpipes,
    Thanks for the good info but I don't see an answer to my concerns:
    • Anyone have some advice about using THC oil in my Nautilus Mini?
    • Is there a portable vaporizer that is designed specifically for vaping THC oil?
    • Using THC oil what's the ideal voltage and wattage?
    Kerry

7. I would like to get some clear answers to. I can make butane hash oil (looks and consistency of motor oil). I'm trying to find out what to mix it with. I determined to get thc in my vape and I will if it's the last thing I do.