Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Ideal vaporizing temperature?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by 2313, May 1, 2013.

1. I'm considering buying a plug-in portable vape from a friend for $25. His brother bought the vape for $100 but they prefer to smoke bongs. I started vaping because of the health benefits because I'm an active person and didn't want my lungs damaged. So, what is there best temperature to set a vaporizer at? I was told weed combusts at 375 degrees F so I was thinking I should put it around 365 degrees F. Will I get higher from a higher temperature as long as I don't exceed 375? Thanks in advance for any help. Stay high

2. #2 cstekk, May 1, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2013
    What type of vape is it? Cheaper vapes are notorious for being made with parts that will let off toxic fumes, there are several reports of people getting heavy metal poisoning and similar conditions after extended use of them. And also the temperature gauges are almost never correct on less expensive vapes so you'll really just need to use it for a while to figure out what works best.

But if he payed $100 originally there is still a small chance it's a well known, reputable vape. Let us know what type it is and you'll be more likely to get better answers.

And 365 is so close to combustion that you will most likely still combust, especially if you're new to vaping and don't know how inhale to get just the right amount of airflow. And the higher the temperature the more active compounds will be released, but also more plant material will be in your vapor and as i said before the more likely you are to combust.

3. 350F anything less is a waste anything more is risking combustion

4. start at 325F and go to say 350 then wait awhile, (this is where u save refer) like 45 min. then go 350 to 385F in small increments over a few minute period. ur nearing combustion above that point. go til it burns and note what temp for future reference