Ideal grow soil/hydro

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by darksoulwandering, Feb 4, 2013.

1. I see alot of people who have different opinions on the best soils and nutes and lighting, I know what I grow with but considering all the noobs here that all ask the same questions I was thinking we could give a description of what would be our ideal set-ups both soil grown and hydroponic, parameters being what seeds or clones you would use, what soils,nutes, lighting systems the works, lets say on a 5 plant set-up with a $500 spending limit for soil grows and a $1000 dollar limit on hydro, this way when asked what we would use we could send them this link and they could read the different opinions, plus it would be nice to see who can come up with the best set-up for the least money.....

2. Hydro by far as long as you can keep the temps down. Winter is a great time for hydro indoors or in a greenhouse

Soil if in a green house during summer or summer in a warm house with temps reaching over 85 continuously in the grow area (lights etc.)

Hydro is definitely faster and more efficient in my opinion. Too easy.

3. no brother i want you to give a description of what you would use with a $1000 on a 5 plant grow, impress me on why hydro, you want to design for the least amt of the 1000
    anyone can just say hydro.....

4. Hydro

Haha jp op

But my soil grow cost more than your hydro, more than double and its only a 4x 4 x 6.5 tent.

Its going to take a lot of shopping experience to get a nice, cheap, grow going.

Aaa lot of experience. $1000 for an entire hydro set up? If you found me one for this cheap lol ill be back to read it, then go and buy it from paradig...
    Sorry to rain on your parade op but i definatley beleive its possible, itd just be alot of diy work.

5. ok so dont worry about the price just give a description of what your set-up would be if you were starting from scratch for those who like me are interested but have no idea what a hydro system would cost, i grow soil also but could be persuaded to go hydro if it was affordable

6. If given my limitations (and how much time i'd want to invest). I'd pick up 2 tents, one veg (about 3wx3dx5h) one flower (something like 6x6x7). I'd run something close to a perpetual. Veg tent would have a 400w MH or bank of t-5's and the flower tent would have a 1000w HPS with some supplemental floro's on the sides to get at undergrowth. I'd keep it soil, most likely what I know, which is Happy frog start to finish plus the Fox Farm Trio till finish. I'd make sure I had ducting and venting etc to manage heat, plus in flower I'd include a CO2 system.

7. now thats sounding like a start... so 2 for soil

8. basics

4x4x6.5 tent ~ 150$
    600w ballast ~ 200$
    600w hps bulb ~ 100$
    hood ~ 150$
    ducting ~ 30$
    duct fan ~ 150$
    carbon filter ~ 150$
    timer ~ 20$

total ~ 950$

hydro - dwc

ph pen ~ 35$+
    ppm meter ~ 25$+
    hydroton ~ 20$
    air pump 8 outlet ~ 65$
    nutrients gh floraduo both parts a and b ~ 30$
    ph up and down ~ 30$
    5 gallon bucket ~ 5$ea
    6"net lid for 5gallon ~ 5$ea
    air stones ~ 3$ea
    air lines ~ 2$ea

total ~ 210$ +15$ per bucket (315$ for 8 bucket setup)