IDEAL/Efficient Growing Conditions Perpetual Cycle Growing Stage 1 Seedling/Clone

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by DaSic3mAn, Sep 10, 2013.

1. Well, long time reader with a few grows under my belt and after doing some searching around I was unable to find a scientific standard for starting seedlings as to how much light is MOST efficient per plant.  
    For example: If you have ten seedlings and your growing every month how much light should you use on these seedlings (in lumens) to the point where any more would be wasteful.  Thus making it most efficient.  I believe most people are wasting too much light on the seedlings because they cant possibly use all the lumens being given to them due to their small frail size.  I've been using about 2,500 lumens (2x2ft flouro) on 10 underlings so that's about 250 lumen/per plant ratio, with good results.  But I believe there is ALWAYS room for improvement.  How much do you use on your seedlings?

2. must be posting in the wrong forum.. I guess nobody knows the metabolic rate of juvenile cannabis

3. How much do you use on your seedlings?

This is an open question, as you said you have grows under your belt, then one can suppose you have your own methods for illuminating seedlings...?
    In answer I would advise 1x 24w, CFL .emitting 1500 lumens a week per week, ie in week 2 add another CFL ie 2x 1500 lumens up to a max of 65000, by week 12 equal to 1x 600 HPS lamp, tho one can get 9 plants under this lamp.

in other words start week 1 at 1x cfl at 1500 lumens by week 12, end of harvest that one plant will now have an ideal of 43 CFL's kicking out a total of 65000 lumens, this too many is way over the top, to guys using 1Kw HPS....is a breeze

I made no mention of other requirements but I should imagine that a plant with 43 CFL's hanging over it to be in a minimum of 8 gallon pot and be about 6-8 ft high, or 1 cfl to one sq. ft of leaf cover