idea

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by HighVibes, Sep 24, 2008.

1. i was just thinkin, what if time doesnt exist?? what if its just an illusion of our minds. We are always in the present moment. well what if there is no previous moment and next moment, and only one moment; the moment we are in. we perceive "time" as time, only because the earth revolves around the sun. we are so attached to the idea of night and day, and the next day coming with the end of night and start of day, that we consider time as time. but what if theres no such thing as time? just cuz a planet revolves around a planet? idk, confusing shit.

2. time is only a perceptionto us, what it truly i think the possibilities are endless. So if time is doesnt exist what happens when we die? what happens to the illusion then

3. If there is only the present, how do you explain memories?

4. I suppose they are all apart of the same moment

5. present day scientists and hindu peoples from thousands of years ago agree that time 'doesnt exist.'

special relativity (yes?), its some far out stuff

6. I've often said "I wish instead of being reminded every year of my age I could just live and not care about it." Its just one of those things that "society" needs...

7. Without time there's no "location" for the creation of knowledge.

8. #8 ScRuFFy63, Sep 26, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2008
    Knowledge is a want wisdom is a need. Neither time nor knowledge is necessary for wisdom. Wisdom is timeless. Much like the circle of life. Animals don't morn like humans do possibly b/c they understand the full circle more than us. To me thats timeless wisdom...

9. #9 Tuk2, Sep 26, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2008
    Ya but there are a gazillion different levels/types of "needs" of wisdom. Wisdom is timeless. Wisdom transcendes ages and is among the cosmos- Invincible and Unobstructive. Wisdom isnt existual, that is it doesnt form out of "nothing" its obtained THROUGH knowledge of experience. With animals outside of the human race, there is no "barrier" to break through and return from, things just ARE. But imo, our souls dont weigh exactly the same...so we must cross back and forth.

10. I'm pretty sure the first living cells knew they had to absorb energy to survive. Is that wisdom? Is instinct learned throughout the ages or programmed in cells from the beginning. You could look at knowledge as the bastard child of wisdom. A bad version or a failed attempt of evolving wisdom. You have to start with whats good for the whole first(wisdom) Then you evolve into whats good for the I(knowledge) I really don't know if that even makes any sense. Humans have lots of knowledge and look where that has gotten us. People try to do everything now so they gather as much knowledge as they can and get the things that they want no matter what the consequences.

basically
    knowledge=good for the 1
    wisdom=good for the infinite 1

11. does anything exist? we could be our own imagination...

12. Something is still there allowing us to imagine...