Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Idea on OD on weed

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by TheyGaveMeaGun?, Aug 22, 2008.

1. even in its puriest form thc has a very low toxcity

2. Yeah you would definately pass out before you could od.

3. Even water is toxic, everything is toxic in OVERdoses.

It's possible to OD on anything, but some things take a great deal of effort, or are very hard to achieve, like THC poisoning. It's so hard to achieve that it has never happened to 6 billion possible people for it too happen to.

4. no........

5. 6B is current world population. No historic written accounts in 3,000+ years have mentioned an OD case of cannabis either.

That number 6,000,000,000 turns out much larger I am sure! ;)

:smoke: :smoke:

6. i heard you would have to smoke your body in weight in weed to od im pretty sure i would pass out after the first couple of ounces

7. The the LD50 for male rats is 1270 mg/kg, and 730 mg/kg for females.

Assuming the same numbers for humans a 70 kilo guy would have to consume about 89 grams off pure thc. Good luck on that one, u'r easeir off od'ing on water.

8. Death by chocolate?

9. Well you have to ingest roughly your body-wieght in weed to OD, and in a very short time-span. So no this wouldn't work. I wiegh 130 LBS, so I'd have to eat 130LBS of weed, and the 130 or more LBS of brownie mix. I think the only way you might die through this is from eating yourself to death, cause I don't know anyone who can eat that much food. ;)

10. No One Has Ever Died Of A Marijuana Overdose

Animal tests have revealed that extremely high doses of cannabinoids are needed to have lethal effect.

This has led scientists to conclude that the ratio of the amount of cannabinoids necessary to get a person intoxicated (i.e., stoned) relative to the amount necessary to kill them is 1 to 40,000.

In other words, to overdose, you would have to consume 40,000 times as much marijuana as you needed to get stoned.

In contrast, the ratio for alcohol varies between 1 to 4 and 1 to 10. It is easy to see how upwards of 5000 people die from alcohol overdoses every year and no one EVER dies of marijuana overdoses.

11. After a while your body will reject the thc because the cannaboid receptors in your brain would shut down so you will just black out.

12. this guy speaks the truth

13. The dangerous thing about the 1 to 4 and the 1 to 10 on alcohol is that it varies so much from person to person. I have to down around 10 beers to get drunk, and the most i have ever drank in a night was around 25-30 (cant remember) now shots thats a different story altogether, but in general alcohol is much more dangerous and a lot easier for anyone to get a hold of than Weed, Yet weed is illegal. Why is weed illegal? because the Government wants to get its tax money from selling alcohol and that tax money goes down by every J someone tokes up instead of getting wasted. I mean damn you hear about coke busts less than MJ because they target MJ equally to coke and their is more MJ to be found, plus people due coke and alcohol together more than people smoke and drink.

14. isnt that from totally baked? that movie was tight

15. i think i could eat 250,000 brownies.
    once i eat the first one, id get hungrier
    and hungrier. and hungrier. =D

i wanna be the first to die by weed
    id be a legend.