Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Idea on OD on weed

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by TheyGaveMeaGun?, Aug 22, 2008.

1. wow your an idiot.

2. you dont have to die to overdose so technically u can od on weed.

if anyones ever puked or passed out from smoking id say u have od'ed on weed :smoking:

overdose: n. An excessive dose, especially of a narcotic

edit: idk why i quoted you lmao

3. can you eat 250,000 brownies in 15 minutes? If not, then nope. :smoking:

4. why not make that number bigger to prove ur point even more? haha

5. I'm simply stating the truth haha, it's like smoking 1500lb's in 15 minutes.

Let us all just gather the AMOUNT and just see what happens from there... couldn't hurt, right? I mean hell... I would count on some crazy posts in the Real Life Stories forum after we ended up just renting all the nearby fast food joints for the day and making the food ourselves (shit... half our creations would be menu-worthy) whenever we wanted.

Man I have no idea where I'm going with this... :smoke:

6. dude its not a made up number... read the rest of the thread.

7. try eating 150 pounds of strong brownies and see what happens :p

8. you can't od on weed or straight thc. Doesn't matter how much of it you have it's impossible to od on it.

[FONT=&quot]"In strict medical terms marijuana is far safer than many foods we commonly consume. It is physically impossible to eat enough marijuana to induce death. Marijuana, in its natural form, is one of the safest therapeutically active substances known to man.". [/FONT] [FONT=&quot]

DEA Chief Administrative Law Judge Francis L. Young [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]

9. hey if the DEA are saying something positive about our precious herb, then you KNOW its true.

10. I think you'd OD on the chocolate and butter in the brownies before you'd OD on THC. :)

11. The weight OD concept is fake.

12. Yeah, of course you COULD. The thing is your stomach would rupture and you would die hundreds of pounds of brownie before dieing.

13. I see what you did there.

14. haha...id like to try to OD ...who wants to volunteer some brownies for scientific purposes :D:D:D:D

lmao..anyone remember the thread about the kid who ate like five really dank brownies and tripped for 19 hrs?!

15. Lol... This is a perfect example of when people can't admit defeat.... Seeing this made my day... lmao:D

16. Suger coma before you ODed from weed.

17. Good point... you'd end up diabetic (like me) loooooooong before you died, and as you wouldn't know it, you would probably end up dead with a blood sugar of like 4k....

18. Now i was a weed skeptic for a LONG timme tried to get people not to do it for a long time then one day i was like fuck it tried it and now im a pot head. Anywho i thought it was bad for your health and shit (thats y i tried to keep my freinds form doing it (i kno its fucked up or was at the time)) anywho then i did my research from the same study i found out it takes 1500 pounds weed to overdose due to the low toxcity, and the average thc amount on weed is like 2% or some shit like that (if it is more wich inm shur might be the case its only makes my poin more valid) now this means if you desolved all the thc in alchol then mixed it with water let all the alchol evap then youd be left with thc floating in water (or settled on the bottem) then you filterd it all out youd have 2% of 1500 pounds wich is 30 pounds. So it would take 30 pounds of pure thc to kill you. Also in that same study i belive it said it had to be ingested withen 20 minutes probally longer if eaten due to the fact that it takes time for your liver to motabolize it (although when motibolized threw your liver it also changes forms from that of smoking). Also to do it by iv would mean youd have to desolve 30 pounds of thc into a solution that sould enter your blood stream and not then your blood out to much and i don think theres any solution thats safe to be in your blood stream that cna desolve 30 pounds of any crystel. I am about to go back and double cheak my facts but if the research was correct thats why its impossible.

19. You'd pass out from dehydration LONG before you OD.

20. hahahahaha

I did something very similar one time..

I ate a cookie and then smoked a bowl before getting on a 4 hour flight. I was TRIPPING OUT the whole damn time, and was terrified of the plane crashing. As usual when I am high, I was hearing things like the plane making weird noises etc.

Never fly high!

But to answer the OP's question.. THC is toxic but only in very high amounts. It is physically impossible to OD without having the chemical in its purest form. I read somewhere once it would take about 200,000x the amount of THC that you receive from a single bowl to OD.