idea for soil grows

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by cocogrow, Nov 6, 2010.

1. kinda out there, but............

what would happen if you fed a small airline tube wrapped into the soil for a grow? would that provide more oxygen for the roots, thus larger buds, or wil it just fuck everything up? thoughts?

2. I've wondered this as well. I guess it comes down to whether or not cannabis can reach a toxic level of O2 and what the level might be.

3. That is a wonderful question, I would think it would help in small amounts it s the same principle as hydroponics.

4. why not do an experiment. Do one with and without and compare the yields then get back to us. :)

5. I may have to really consider this. Think I'm gonna see what different sources of O2 are available. I believe that home-made CO2 generators are not ideal, but DO help. I'm gonna check into it.

NOTE: :eek:O2 is a flammable gas. Not sure about how much is required, but I know that insecure electrical connections could easily act as a source of ignition.:eek:

6. seen this question asked on other boards and the general train of thought is that it wont work and wil only cause problems w/ the soil chemistry

7. Just did a quick YouTube search and I'll obviously have to look more, but it looks kinda dangerous so far. I'm initially thinking that unless you could afford an O2 generator or keep refilling tanks, we might be better off leaving this one alone. I kinda like my house. I'll update if I find a safer way than I have so far.

8. so i learnded somthing i knew roots need air but i thought just as the foliage the roots needed c02 not o2 would the same idea with c02 or just plain air pumped in slowly as not to cause dry spots. someone educated me!!!pls