Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Idea for making hash From stems

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Proffesor4eyes, Mar 10, 2015.

1. so I've never smoked or made hash before but I thought of an idea and was wondering if it would work. Basically I saw a video on YouTube on how to turn your stems into Keith where you put them in a coffee grinder until they turn to dust. There are a few problems with this the main one being this isn't really Keith it's just extremely ground up stems so i wouldn't excpect it to be pleasant to smoke.

I decided to look for some other ways to make the most out of my stems so I looked at some videos on how to make hash from stems but most of the videos I found involved huge stalks from the plants which I don't have I only have the stems from the buds.

I then got the idea to look for ways to make hash with Keith and use coffee grinded stem Keith to make hash. If I went through with this I would be using what is probably the most basic ways to make hash by using a hair straightener and newspaper.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vXppBJLLgok

So I want to ask a few things.

1.have any of you smoked stems ground up in a coffee grinder before and if so what was it like (just out of curiosity)

2.do you think i would be able to make hash this way

3.would it be pleasant or unpleasant ( I know I'm making what is probably the lowest form of hash but would it be enjoyable)

4.would it feel different than normal

2. #3 MattmPsi, Mar 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2015
    Whos this kieth guy you keep talking about? If its that golden powder, then you mean kief..

And the guy above me is right, but id use bud instead of stems. Qwiso hash can be made with any amount. Ive used a gram before.

3. #4 ICGreen, Mar 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2015
  4. lol... Keith....

5. It seems like it would take a ridiculous amount of stems to gather any trichomes at all. As far as grinding stems, that's gonna be a no go. Report back to us if you do it, but I think it's going to be gross and not worthwhile at all. 

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. i have smoked stems, never out of a coffee grinder though, but after they were Keithed. i rolled like an eighth of stems in a joint just to see if they would do anything and i almost fought myself for even trying lol. supposedly smoking stems reduces sperm count or some shit, but can get you high if you havent keith richardsed them yet.
    in order
    1:yes dont try it at home
    2:yes, but use an actual grinder, not coffee as it will keif the stems inside of there rather on an area you want, or if you modify a coffee filter to keif shit then thumbs up. with a real herb grinder you can just break them into little bits and throw couple coins and shake for about 15 minutes. everything should be captured after that and after about 25-30 minutes the stems will begin shredding aside from the deterioation they already suffered and it will effect the quality of Keith
    3: it will be both, the keif will taste like stems as fuck but also good and dank and stoney
    4: it actually does have a different high, i would say it is a little less heady and almost like non existant until youve smoked a lot.
    5: dont do anything with newspaper and weed/stems/hash 
    6: this thread made me laugh like Beavis and Butthead combined

per 2g-8th of stems i typically get what lasts me a few days of getting stoned 3 times a day roughly. of course it depends on how well developed the bud and trichs are but even reggie/mids stems have some benefit, just very very little. ive had an ounce of stems given to me before and i think i had some 2.8 grams of kief. it may have been well over an ounce, but it also could have been 25. i think the reason it was such a higher yield was plant matter, but the cakes were still a golden color and i didnt beat the stems to death. i have some stems right now and i think ill make a thread for it if a search turns none up

8. I just don't think that the benefit is worth it. I'm glad you enjoy it, but damn, I'm not that hard up for smoke.  

• Agree Agree x 1
    Well thats the thing, desperate situations call for desperate measures. When i smoked an eighth joint of stem i had nug to smoke too lol, i was just trying to see if it would get me high or not. But even when i have ounces i still save stems because there are always going to be days when an ounce isnt available and a shit ton of keif is certainly better. It shows how saving works too, because you obviously dont get shit off of one little stem but save one little stem every day for a month and youll have a nice amount of keif

10. I'm still not that hard up, but if that's what you have to do it's what you have to do. I get it. I don't run out any more, but I remember the days when I did. 

11. Well see i also leave bits of nug and throw small bits in the stash so i have some actual weed when im out, but i mainly dab to get high and prefer to spend my money on shatter than nug. i still get weed just not by buying it lol. I used to keep an o on me at all times but those were different times and different situations.

12. Qwiso for sure.  Good thing about qwiso is you don't need a lot of bud/stems/leaves to make it worthwhile.

13. Well that changes things up a little doesn't it? That's a little different than extracting from only stems. I wish I could buy shatter. I'm on the east coast. I grow my own weed and I don't see extracts unless I make them. I'm doing great, but I'd love to have the freedom of selection that you have.  

14. Im in Ohio lol, ive seen hashes from Michigan but all of the prime shit is made stateside all day. hoping everything gets legalized by next year. the key to getting a good shatter is ensuring the solvent never stays in too much contact with the plant and just grabs the solubles on the first run and less of the waxes, i suggest you check out the rosin tech. you just put nug in parchment and squeeze with a hair iron and you got an almost shatter, most shatters are purged a day or two or three and even the rosin hash can take a little purge/dewax, but since your using heat to extract it primarily it kind of does do a little dewax, but if you already do blasts then hats off to you lol

15. LOL LMFAO Keith haha! Some funny shit man

16. So

Hello !
    So U have used stems fo make Bubble Hash ??? I am wondering how to prepare the stems. I have a washing machine and bags. I did a run of my trim and it was good. I wanna practice(again) with the stems before I run my Oz of Flower...
    I'm new. I dk if this is a proper post or not. Thx